How do I figure out how many calories I should eat a day???

Options
Hey guys, just wondering how do I figure out how many calories I should consume daily with an average of 11/2 - 2 hrs a day of moderate excerises??? Thanks

Replies

• amie290478
    amie290478 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Have you filled in your height/weight/excercise stuff on here? That told me what I needed to eat to lose my weight and what excercise I should be doing.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    Take 20% off your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure, or calories burned for the whole day).
    Or to lose about a pound a week - cut 500 cals off your TDEE seven days a week.
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Take 20% off your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure, or calories burned for the whole day).
    Or to lose about a pound a week - cut 500 cals off your TDEE seven days a week.

This. You can visit the In Place of a Road Map Discussion group to get more information. Also, there is a spread sheet you can use that helps to figure it all out.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/717858-spreadsheet-bmr-tdee-and-deficit-calcs-macros-hrm

I do a variation of this so I start with my BMR as the minimum requirement and my TDEE as the max. I focus on maintaining a calorie goal somewhere in between.

Another place you can visit is scoobys workshop and plug in your stats to get the information.

I find it all kind of confusing since everyone's numbers are different, but did finally find the numbers that work for me.

Good Luck!