heart rate monitors?

Options
2»

Replies

• ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 is the lowest priced model that does a damn good job. Love it! It calculates your calories burned and it is very easy to use.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    there isn't a device that available at the consumer level. that's why i saved my money and didn't buy one. it's why i pop into the 23,323,643 of the threads created on this site promoting HRMs as the be all end of of fitness and try to shine a little light on the subject.

Hyper accurate calorie counting doesn't exist, and even if it did, it isn't needed.
    THAT isn't shining any light on the subject. That is merely casting a gloom. IIf we all bear in mind it is an approximation and as such what you ARE demonstrating is the fallacy of using such a guide as an excuse to pig out on the extra Calories - so KEEP UP THE MISSIONARY ZEAL.

The one that does seem a complete waste of money is this fitbitwotsitthingummy
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    You already get an approximation. For Free. Right here in mfp. No reason to pay $100 for additional approximations.

Doesn't matter is someone enters 1 or 1000 for their calories burned. They still just monitor the scale and make adjustments to caloric intake.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    ah! but my phone only does phone calls - I log on via wifi
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    If you use ios/android you could consider getting one that will integrate with mfp via another app. Digifit iCardio, for example. I believe most bluetooth HRMs will work with that app.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i just got the polar ft40 and i love it! it goes off of your height, weight, gender, age and provides you with calories burned and your heart rate throughout your training session.
  • bpn80
    bpn80 Posts: 43
    Options
    I have a Polar...the basic model that tells you calories. The next model up gave mileage as well, but I decided the calories was the most important part for me. I LOVE it. I work out so much harder now that I know where my heart rate needs to me, and its fun to challenge yourself to burn more calories today than yesterday. You won't regret getting one.