Am I the only one who finds counting calories fun?

Options

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    It was fun in the beginning. Now it's a little old for me. Don't particularly want to do it most days. But it's the only way to get to my goal, so I do it. (It must also be noted that I hate numbers and all things math-related. If you're good at that stuff, I imagine calorie counting could stay a lot more fascinating for a lot longer.)
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I am the same way!
  • PoshDinosaur
    PoshDinosaur Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Nope, you're not alone. The barcode scanner in the MFP iPhone app is almost a game to me. I can think of actual games I've paid more money for I've enjoyed less. I cook a lot, so finding alternatives and learning more about nutrition adds an extra element to it.

I'm currently designing a spreadsheet that will compare exercise, calorie intake, and effect on weight and measurements. So no, you're not alone!
  • successleadstosuccess
    Options
    I find it fun too up to the point where I'll have a home-cooked meal at someone's house and can't completely figure out the calories in it all, or how they made it. Then it becomes a stressful mind torture game hahaha
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I DO!

It goes hand in hand with my TypeA personality and OCD :-)
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    i don't think it is "fun" as in i get entertainment value from it, but it isn't difficult. i've been logging what i eat for like 2 years now and it really is a piece of cake.
  • Izabera
    Options
    Drives my girlfriend nuts!:laugh:
  • Rockytop_relic
    Rockytop_relic Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I actually like it and enjoy the challenge of creating new meals to keep me within my target. Though it wouldn't be as fun without mfp..lol
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    It's nice to know that I don't have eat salad all day to lose weight. Counting calories takes away the stress of knowing how much I put into my body. If I want to splurge in one meal then I just work around it. It's great!
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    keeps me busy and out of the kitchen where temptation lies waiting for me! it's is also mind-boggingly interesting knowing the composition of the food i eat. and i also like to spit out food facts to people as they eat to make them think twice...i know this is mean but at the same time, i am tired of hearing people around me complain that they want to lose weight but don't know how blah blah blah.

Im guilty of this too. I dont mean to sound cruel but when my 18st friend says she doesnt know how to lose weight while munching her way through 2000cals worth of bread with peanut butter I want to scream :sad:
  • Michellereducf
    Michellereducf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    It's not fun. It's a necessity right now.
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I don't mind for the most part. My family thinks I'm crazy for weighing/measuring everything. Trust me when I say, listening to them is more of a pain in my *kitten* than just doing what I want. I've been doing this for awhile now so they've gotten better, but I take counting my calories as seriously as I do taking a daily shower. Must be done. Know what I mean?
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    It's the only way I can keep myself in check. Whether I enjoy it or not, I have to have some accountability to what I put in my mouth! It's also a great reality check when you realize how much calories can be in certain foods and inspires you to find better options!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    not so much fun when you think you have to do this until the day you die.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I would go so far as to say fun, but I do like it. I used yesterday to log a menu plan that I felt would be excellent for me and checked all the calories and made adjustments. then I went out and bought what I needed for my breakfast lunch and snacks. That s what I had been struggling with. It also gave me a visual as to how easy it is to eat within my calories and stll have foods I really lke.
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Can you say addicted, lol, ya i love the whole MFP concept, and when I'm away from it, i have MFP withdrawals…….Cheers:drinker:
  • Nope, I enjoy it too. This whole process and now improving my cardiovascular health and watching the numbers improve, heart rate drop, etc is fun as well. Now, I would never want to go back to start this all over again but the journey, yes I said it, has been one that I have enjoyed.
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I think i did too, over it now.... But be carefuly to not let yourself get too obsessed! It happens to a looooot of people..
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I like counting calories because it feels like I'm keeping track of my intake.
  • Rockytop_relic
    Rockytop_relic Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Besides I'm an Arithmomaniac. It's really annoying sometimes but I can't quit.