Need help with creating recipe

Options
So I'm creating a recipe for the first time. I'm making 2 eggs (sunny side up). Ingredients are olive oil, 2 eggs salt and pepper.
First question is should I add salt and pepper in the calorie count (because I haven't found it in food database).
The second question is how should I measure olive oil? I made my eggs on it and I put 1 tablespoon in the pan. But I didn't eat all of it (because I just fried my eggs on it, probably some got on my eggs but not all). Should I put more or less than a half tbsp in calorie count in recipe?

Thank you!

Replies

• MaryPhilomena
    MaryPhilomena Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think you will find this is already in the database :D
  • ReaGaladriel
    ReaGaladriel Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I know but I wanted to do it myself to be 100% exact on calories. :)
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i would count it as half the calories in the recipe since you only fried the eggs in it. its hard to get use to the recipe thing. but in the long run it does help with creating meals. i have learned to always guess higher if need be. i would rather be over then under.
  • jiggy_gibby
    Options
    I know but I wanted to do it myself to be 100% exact on calories. :)

It's OK to be less than perfect. In counting calories and in life.

Count it as half as other posters have suggested. Don't sweat the small stuff.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Generally I don;t add salt, pepper or any spices (unless its a spice paste) because they don;t add calories to your meal. Salt - I generally know if I go over.
    With the oil, you'll could guestimate. If there;s a lot of residue oil in the pan, and if you are pedantic, you can probably measure it in a tsp or Tbs measure and subtract that from the amount you poured in the pan. It might also be worthwhile making a mental note not to add so much oil the next time you cook that particular dish.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • ReaGaladriel
    Options
    Thank you everybody :)

I know It's ok not to be perfect. Until now I've been logging my calories approximately on everything. So I decided to make my recipes for breakfast, snacks and dinner. For lunch I will put meals from food database. So in that way at least half my meals are ok in calories.
    And I will be doing this for most eaten meals so I can put them in my diary fast . :)
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    So I'm creating a recipe for the first time. I'm making 2 eggs (sunny side up). Ingredients are olive oil, 2 eggs salt and pepper.
    First question is should I add salt and pepper in the calorie count (because I haven't found it in food database).
    The second question is how should I measure olive oil? I made my eggs on it and I put 1 tablespoon in the pan. But I didn't eat all of it (because I just fried my eggs on it, probably some got on my eggs but not all). Should I put more or less than a half tbsp in calorie count in recipe?

Thank you!

I use a tsp of olive oil and spread it on the pan and count it all.
  • ReaGaladriel
    Options

Thank you!

I use a tsp of olive oil and spread it on the pan and count it all.

i think I will do that next time, I put a little too much now. ;)
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Last night, since I had calories to spare, I deep-fried my sweet potato fries. I wondered to myself the best way to post the oil calories. I think I went with 2 teaspoons of canola. but the best you can do is guesstimate.