A small trade off but I'm getting spots

Options
I have always been blessed by having clear skin on my face it since I've been eating healthily my skin seems to have got worse. I've cut out a lot of processed foods and am really feeling a lot better for it so this isn't a complaint really but just a minor irk. Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know why it might be happening?

Replies

• freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    It might be your body cleansing it's self, give it awhile it may clear it's self
  • StephanieJoy24
    Options
    Agreed ^ with this statement! That's probably all it is. I was getting blemishes, but now my face is actually clearer than it ever was :)
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    This is a good thing. Your purging you body. It'll clear up soon and look better than than ever! X
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I've always had clear skin as well, and when I first changed my diet my face broke out a lot for a couple weeks. I literally did nothing and it went away on it's own. Hopefully you have the same luck, haha
  • cathers_
    Options
    Ok I'll grit my teeth and bare it, it really is a tiny complaint because you can use concealer to cover spots, - not so much the belly!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Happened with me at first too.

I think it is just your body getting rid of all the toxins.
    After a couple of weeks my face cleared up again and was looking more radiant than ever :).
  • darisey
    darisey Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem starting when I cut my calories back in october. My skin was clear before that. I didn't really change my diet other than cutting my calories back and making sure I got enough protein and iron but it's been almost 4 months now and I'm still waiting on the acne to calm down
  • herebeeri
    herebeeri Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've started to notice this happen as well (I'm about a month in) having usually had very good skin. Hopefully everyone's right and it's just temporary - got a new little friend on the end of my nose yesterday *hrmph*
  • megg3879
    Options
    As your body rids itself of all the "junk", this happens. It is your body's way of cleansing itself. After a while your skin will be clean and your pores will be smaller. You will be even more amazing! Best of luck to you! Oh and if you can, get a good moisturizer for your face. Mary Kay and Origins are two of my favorites. :)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I had this problem, too. It really bothered me, as I've always struggled with blemish-prone skin. Time and learning how to love the water cleared this up for me. Now I can go days without specifically treating my skin (Benzoyl Peroxide being the topical I use) without my face exploding!
  • LuvtheCubs
    LuvtheCubs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    And it could be you are exercising and sweating.
  • anoette
    Options
    I'm having this problem and it's driving me mad because I've always had clear skin, and now I'm getting spots EVERYWHERE ;__;
  • slcostel
    slcostel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I was the same way. Clear skin for ever, changed my diet and I started breaking out.

Just stick to it, and it'll clear up. Promise :flowerforyou:
  • cathers_
    Options
    So by the sounds of things, this isn't at all uncommon (at least I know I'm not alone). I have to say because I've been so lucky my skin care routine is very lax so maybe this is just something that'll have to change a bit!
  • jcpreader
    jcpreader Posts: 16
    Options
    This happens to me too - about 3 weeks into my healthy diet and I'm getting horrible whitehead spots round my nose and on my chin. Always had really clear skin up until now. Did you find a way to deal with it or do they just go on their own?