Net calories?

Options
This is confusing. If MFP says that my net calorie goal is 1300, am I supposed to eat 1300 or am I supposed to subtract the exercise calories from the food I've eaten and get 1300? Maybe that didn't make sense at all.. Let me put it another way. If I burn 500 kcal a day, am i supposed to eat 1800 then or just 1300? I don't know how to explain that I mean, but i hope it makes sense anyway, haha.

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Calories eaten - exercise calories = net calories. Yes, you should be eating 1800 to get to your net of 1300.

If you're using MFP's calorie estimates for exercise, keep in mind that they tend to be on the high side. If you have (or can get) a heart rate monitor, it will give you a better idea of how many calories you're actually burning.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    Calories eaten - exercise calories = net calories. Yes, you should be eating 1800 to get to your net of 1300.

If you're using MFP's calorie estimates for exercise, keep in mind that they tend to be on the high side. If you have (or can get) a heart rate monitor, it will give you a better idea of how many calories you're actually burning.

^^ great explaination.