Calculating exercise calories

crux
crux Posts: 454 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Howdy, first post here, hope some one can explain something to me.

I just got a HRM to record my exercise calories. I set my activity level to sedentary on MFP so I enter my exercise calories manually.

Should I add all of my exercise calories? or first subtract the amount I would use anyway in the hour that I worked out?

Replies

• ileitch
    ileitch Posts: 99
    I believe you should enter the net (subtract what you would have used at rest). I believe MFP does that.
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    I believe you should enter the net (subtract what you would have used at rest). I believe MFP does that.

that information is wrong wrong wrong my fitness instructor told me you dont do that at all you calculate what calories you have burned and thats it without substracting anythin :explode:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    I was wondering this same thing. I haven't been subtracting anything.
    But then again, I don't eat all my exercise calories anyway, so it really wouldn't make that much difference to me.

But for someone who eats them all, subtracting would just make it like "not eating all of them" like I do, so I'm not sure it really matters unless you INSIST on eating them ALL, then you HAVE to count them all and not subtract...
  • crux
    crux Posts: 454 Member
    Ok, thanks for the replies. :)
This discussion has been closed.