Hungriest AFTER food!

Options
so i'll get hungry... eat something, when i'm eating i feel totally satisfied, then for some reason about 20-40 minutes after eating i feel hungrier than BEFORE i ate, i'm eating enough so i'm not genuinely hungry but i have no idea what's causing it!! any ideas?

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    It could be a question of what you are eating. I find that with processed foods , I tend to have that problem. When I add more raw vegetables (particularly high fiber vegetables), I tend to stay full longer. Hope that helps.
  • annakommers
    annakommers Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    i very rarely eat processed foods, i think my diary is public, you can see there. i have a good healthy and balanced diet, breads are wholegrain, plenty of fruit and veg etc etc
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    its definitely absolutely hunger you're feeling? i'm not doubting you if it is, because i experience this all the time, but i think that's one of the questions to ask yourself when you feel it. some say it takes 20 minutes or so for the brain to recognize that food's been eaten, though the digestion process is already underway. i often mistake digestion feelings and noises for continued hunger. a book i'm reading right now recommends listening to food cravings instead of opting for something smaller or what you might believe to be a better choice. for example, if you're craving something sweet like a pastry but instead have a piece of fruit, your craving isn't going to be met and you'll still be hungry for the pastry. for me, this cycle leads to overeating of healthy foods, a habit i'm trying to break out of.
  • annakommers
    annakommers Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    i did wonder if it was just digesting but it sends very confusing signals!! :P