Christian Ladies!

Options
Add me! I know God is helping me through this journey and I can't take credit myself for any of my successes. He helped me quit smoking and He's helping me lose weight, and I am so thankful for everyone and everything He's put in my life to get me to this point!

Replies

• mommysockmonkey
    mommysockmonkey Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request.
  • cazzer69
    cazzer69 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Begs the question why he let you overeat and start smoking in the first place.....just sayin.
  • Jennikitten
    Jennikitten Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Feel free to block me but, I am an atheist and I think it is important to take responsibility for everything that you do. Otherwise you will never be a better person and have no incentive to make the world a better place for others
  • ChickenOriental
    Options
    I was once sat on a flight next to a woman from North Carolina who told me that I was going to burn in hell unless I started believing in god. She also told me that my cat didn't go to heaven. I loved that bloody cat.
  • GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Okay, before I get any more people wanting to put in their two cents about God, let me say this. I don't like religion. I don't believe in following a set of rules. I don't believe in judging others. I DEFINITELY don't believe in the whole "devil made me do it" idea. I'm actually more of a hippie in the sense that what I firmly believe in is love, acceptance, and grace. I picked up bad habits throughout life and I believe that there is a higher being out there that has put people and things and situations in my life that have all lead up to this point, to learn lessons and grow as a person. If I had been honest with myself all along I wouldn't have ever started smoking or eating like crap or being lazy all the time. I was in ignorance of the truth about what those things would do to me. I have always been a truth seeker in life. I honestly can't deny that there is a higher power who promotes goodness and positivity. I believe in the message of the Bible. I may not believe what the Bible says word for word, but to me that's not what's important. Love is important. Forgiveness is important, for yourself and others. If I never had to struggle with my weight, I wouldn't know the feelings that come with overcoming such hard obstacles and working for something that's going to ultimately make me better physically, mentally, and spiritually. That feeling, plus the feeling of being able to encourage and support others, is what I'm thankful to God for! Without struggle, everything good would be taken for granted.
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Well said :) Add me please!
  • sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am disappointed with these responses. This lady expressed her faith without pushing her beliefs on anyone else. Why do you feel you need to respond just because you don't agree? Where is the tolerance? You don't have to agree with someone's beliefs to respect them as human beings.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I am disappointed with these responses. This lady expressed her faith without pushing her beliefs on anyone else. Why do you feel you need to respond just because you don't agree? Where is the tolerance? You don't have to agree with someone's beliefs to respect them as human beings.

QFT
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I was once sat on a flight next to a woman from North Carolina who told me that I was going to burn in hell unless I started believing in god. She also told me that my cat didn't go to heaven. I loved that bloody cat.

Cats don't go to heaven?? :brokenheart:
  • GetHotIn2014
    Options

Cats don't go to heaven?? :brokenheart:

For the record, if there is a heaven, I do believe animal souls go there as well! lol I love animals and quite honestly they are a lot better than humans. Their souls are much more pure and their tendency toward love and loyalty make many of them higher beings than ourselves.
  • playprettie1
    playprettie1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options

^^Exactly!
  • Jennikitten
    Jennikitten Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    1 - my comment was not about her faith (that is a different conversation I am not having now) my comment was about personal responsibility which should be taken over every action you take as we'll as giving credit to those who deserve it (eg doctors, scientists ect)

2 - I only commented because the topic came up on my time line

3 - I was trying to help because the attitude of everything good about me is not my doing is demoralising
  • GetHotIn2014
    Options
    Oh, and also let me say that I'm not disappointed in anyone's responses. Everyone has their own beliefs, and it's true what Jenni says about taking responsibility for the choices you make in life, good or bad. I accept and will gladly reflect on anyone's opinion. I'm not closed minded. There are things to learn from everyone.
  • GetHotIn2014
    Options
    And Jenni, I also agree with what you just said, that credit should be given to the person who does whatever they do. It's just that for someone who does believe in God in the way I do, they also believe that God created those people (doctors, scientists, etc) and directed the course of their lives, the people and events in their lives, etc. Of course they have their own responsibility. God doesn't just "make" everything happen without people's cooperation. So without getting into a total debate here, I agree with your point. lol If God hadn't made Jillian Michaels, I wouldn't have someone to yell at when I'm working out. =P
  • ChickenOriental
    Options
    So is my cat in heaven then? She killed a few mice and one or two rabbits in her time and also did a poo behind the sofa once, but apart from that she was a loving fluffy little girl.
  • GetHotIn2014
    Options
    And don't me wrong! Yes, I give God the credit He's due for giving me the strength and support I need, because I know I wouldn't have done this without the elements that He put in my life, but I am damn proud of myself for opening my eyes and getting off my butt and not pigging out and not making excuses for everything anymore!
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    And Jenni, I also agree with what you just said, that credit should be given to the person who does whatever they do. It's just that for someone who does believe in God in the way I do, they also believe that God created those people (doctors, scientists, etc) and directed the course of their lives, the people and events in their lives, etc. Of course they have their own responsibility. God doesn't just "make" everything happen without people's cooperation. So without getting into a total debate here, I agree with your point. lol If God hadn't made Jillian Michaels, I wouldn't have someone to yell at when I'm working out. =P

I have a love/hate relationship with Jillian :laugh:
  • GetHotIn2014
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with Jillian :laugh:

I think everyone does! lol
  • kway610
    kway610 Posts: 162
    Options
    God bless and congrats on your success so far. I am sending a request!
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Begs the question why he let you overeat and start smoking in the first place.....just sayin.

Baha.
This discussion has been closed.