30 day shred- wat size wieghts?

rkascak
rkascak Posts: 224 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I have the jillian micheals 30 day shred, and I just got some 3 pounds hand wieghts, What size wieghts do you use? Are the 3 lbs wieghts too heavy?

Replies

• jehan
    jehan Posts: 155 Member
    From what I read somewhere, JM uses 5 lbs. But since I'm just a beginner, I just used 2 lbs because that's what I have. I think the 3 lbs is a good start. After finishing the shred, and u decide to do it all over again, you could increase your weights.
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    I use 5lbs..because the strength segments are short..:flowerforyou:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    I used 3's. Eventually I substituted heavier weights in for certain exercises. In Jillian's "No More Trouble Zones" she specifically mentions using 3's for that particular video. :flowerforyou:
  • karen366
    karen366 Posts: 141
    I just finished my first 30 days...I used a combination of 3, 5 and 8...I mostly used 3 and 5 when I started a level and I'd use 8 on some of the moves when I needed some more weight.
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    I use 2lbs only because that's what I have. I asked for weights for my birthday next month and hope to move up :)
  • badgirllaughing
    badgirllaughing Posts: 30 Member
    It really depends on you. If you find it too easy with light weights.. increase.. Just remember the more effort you put into it, the more rewards you will reap. Good luck in your weight loss journey :)
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    I use 3lb weights. I figured since I'm a beginner I didn't want to push myself too far too fast. My plan is to do the whole thing with the 3's then start again with heavier
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    I use 5's. starting level 2 . Wish me luck
  • Great workout, totally love it! I've been doing it for a week and have been using 2's....I think it's been a good start, and I plan on moving up to 3's....my girlfriend did it with 5's and said she couldn't raise her hands above her head! lol
  • i just started and im using 4lb
This discussion has been closed.