Ideas for Pineapple Chunks?

Options
WendyTerry420
WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
We made Hawaiian pizza last night, and I have half a can of pineapple chunks leftover. Anyone have any recipes or ideas. (Other than just grabbing a fork and eating them plain)

Replies

• kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I'm all about "grabbing a fork and eating them plain!" :) if you like making your own stir-fries, put the rest in a chicken stir-fry ... yum!
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I am making an awesome salad based on my favorite wrap:

salad: lettuce, toasted unsweetened coconut, pineapple chunlks, bacon bits, rotisserie chicken, hot pepper jelly

The original wrap is coconut chicken (you could use shrimp), sweet and sour sauce, bacon, pineapple, lettuce

I am addicted to that wrap :)

I love pineapple with cottage cheese or plain yogurt
    You could do a sweet and sour chicken or a little pineapple upside down cake.
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I like 'em with cottage cheese for breakfast.
  • cailinlowe
    cailinlowe Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    soak them in rum.
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    i mix fresh pineapple with greek yogurt for breakfast. it's also really good blended with a banana, some OJ and ice as a smoothie.
  • AllenWins
    Options
    I'm in the "just grab a fork" camp! Just pineapple by itself is delicious :love:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    excellent on skewers as a part of a delicious kabob :)
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Put in a grilled chicken salad and pack for a yummy lunch for work.
  • didifournierblais
    didifournierblais Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I do a fruit salad with kiwis, strawberries, litchees and cherries (or whatever I have as fruit). Just rinse any canned fruit in clear water before adding them.
  • deanotoot
    deanotoot Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    throw them in with pork medallions and fry them up.
  • smh1067
    smh1067 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I second the cabobs - chicken, pineapple, and onion cabobs! Delicious marinated in equal parts lemon juice, olive oil, and soy sauce with some minced garlic (powder works too if that's what you use) and served over a little brown rice or in a pita or tortilla. Yum, yum.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    i mix fresh pineapple with greek yogurt for breakfast. it's also really good blended with a banana, some OJ and ice as a smoothie.

nice! bump
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas! Keep 'em coming!
  • annascrapper
    annascrapper Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Great Ideas...Thanks All!!!!
  • hereisgone125
    hereisgone125 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I dice pineapple chunks and add them (and the juice) to coconut flavored yogurt, and then use that as a dipping sauce for shrimp. Coconut shrimp, without the breading.
  • TrishLG
    TrishLG Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Crazy as it sounds, save one chunk and rub it on your face, let it dry, then shower.
    You will be amazed at how it tightens and smooths skin.
    Seeing is believing.
    Know how when you cut a fresh pineapple your fingers become slick.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Eat it plain
    Put it in a protein or plain shake.
    Make the pineapple part of this recipe - http://recipes.menshealth.com/Recipe/walk-the-plank-salmon-with-grilled-pineapple-and-asparagus.aspx (edit to ad I made this a few ago; didn't use the cedar plank just baked in oven, and did the pineapples in a pan on medium heat, then my boyfriend deglazed the pan for me)
    Hawaiian chicken. (Bake chicken with pineapples, apple cider vinegar, broth, and some flour to thicken it up) serve over rice (or not if you care about carbs)
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    could always go for pineapple cobbler :)

put oven on 325 - and but butter in a casserole dish and let it melt in the oven while it preheats (now the "natural" receipt calls for 1 stick of butter lol - i never use this much - basically it's for flavoring to help the breaddy part get golden looking)

While oven pre-heats:
    1 cup of flour
    1 cup of milk (i enjoy silk milk vanilla flavor)
    1 cup of splenda (or sweetner of your choice)
    dash of vanilla extract and cinnamon

Wisk it all together.

Pull casserole dish out of oven when butter is melted up - give mixture above another good wisking, and pour it into the center of the dish ontop of the melted butter.

Then, take your pineapple chunks - and plop it over top of the mixture in various areas - bake the dish for about....45min(I work with an electrical oven so of course you just have to keep an eye on it) and enjoy! :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Pina colodas.
  • mercurymads
    mercurymads Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    breakfast! over greek yogurt with flax seed and dash of dried tarragon