boddy fat %

Options
brdnw
brdnw Posts: 565 Member
so i bought a scale today that tells bf % and muscle mass % ...and i was hoping to track it on here...but i don't see a spot to enter it...am i just missing something?

Replies

• Jane_1705
    Jane_1705 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi. If you click on the Weigh-in section, at the bottom you can self input additional measurements such as body fat.
    I also measure my body fat, which scales did you get? I got salter ones and they seem okay for the price.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    ah nice thanks i went to Dlcks this morning to get an excercise ball and i saw the scale and thought it would be good to track. The one's they had were Homedics brand, i bought the 540 health station for like 60$ there was a cheaper one but it didn't do muscle mass and a more expensive one but i'm pretty content with this one
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    unfortunately those scales are very very inaccurate for calculating body fat and muscle mass.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I assume it's one of the ones that uses small amounts of electrical current to measure bodyfat. If that's the case, make sure you are properly hydrated when checking, or it will be even more inaccurate than normal.
  • findingmyfit
    Options
    You're better off just getting a tape measure to keep track of your inches and then plug in your measurements to calculate it all.