Big NSV (for me at least)

Options
Let me preface by saying that I'm a nurse...and not exactly the model of healthy living.

The wake-up call: About 6 months ago, one of my patients mistook me for one of my coworkers...who was 7 months pregnant at the time.

The NSV: Last week, one of my patients looked closely at the picture from my ID badge, then at my face, then back at my ID badge photo, then looks at me and says "That can't be you...that person looks nothing like you! You must have lost so much weight!" (about 32 pounds actually).

Also - I fit into my skinny(er) size 18 jeans today and I felt so awesome about myself...I didn't have a massive muffin top hanging over and I also got checked out by multiple guys while out shopping and hit on by a guy at one of our church gatherings. I am far from being "done" but I'm already loving my new self!

Replies

• pattycake118
    pattycake118 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So awesome! Thanks for sharing.
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Brilliant!
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Great!
  • astylla
    astylla Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling ! You are working so hard and people are taking notice and they should :) Last night I went out with my husband to a movie and put on a skort I bought last year that was quite tight and now it buttons with zero effort and fits "smoothly" over my stomach with no muffin top too..Its a great feeling. Small victories lead to greater success !
  • mrsljacob
    mrsljacob Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That is such a great motivating story!! :) Being checked out by guys is always an ego boost! :) So happy for you!! Great job!!
  • robyn0123
    robyn0123 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    WTG!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!