Great Savory and Sweet Snack Ideas

Options
I am looking for some snack ideas that don't require any preparation (other than microwaving or toasting). For example, take out of box, unwrap, eat....
Both savory and sweet!
Currently I have quaker rice cakes (crunchy chocolate and white cheddar), and 100 cal popcorn. But these choices are starting to get boring and I end up eating too many carbs. So something lowcarb would be nice, but not a requirement.

Replies

• iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    String cheese (extremely low carb)
    Fruit (carbs)
    Yogurt (carbs)
    Nuts (low carb)
    Veggies & hummus (relatively low carb)
  • Pinksapphire74
    Options
    Keebler makes some great low cal snacks! I love their fudge stripped cookies with only 100 calories:)
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese!

can do sweet (with fruit) or savory - i like half a cup with 2 tbsp of salsa, and then eat it with veggies, or some melba toast (1 serving) good source of protein :)
  • becky23
    becky23 Posts: 60
    Options
    i like cottage cheese with a tsp of vanilla extract and a slenda pack. just try it! it's like ice cream, low carb woo!
  • december1303
    Options
    I like Special K Crisps. Also Weight Watchers had good single serving cakes and cookies for less that 100 calories if you just have a sweet tooth. That's always my weakness.
  • steffi1686
    steffi1686 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The cottage cheese sounds good with salsa....but I like the full fat cottage cheese since lowfat never tastes right in my opinion.

I shall have to look for the keeblers snacks...I wish my grocery store carried those weight watchers cakes.
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    15 calorie popsicles
    40 calorie fudgesicles
    light laughing cow wedges- 35 calorie soft spreadable cheese
    wasa light crackers- 60 calories
    vitamuffins or vitatops- 100 calories
    10 calorie jello cups
    60 calorie pudding cups
  • goodgalpal
    goodgalpal Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Back to Nature brand makes fudge striped cookies. They are about 50 calories each. They taste good!