I love pizza so....

Options
2»

Replies

• khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Your pizza sounds yummy! Pitas work really well for pizza crust too. It feels a bit more like the real thing, and the calories are about the same as the wraps.

270 cals and amazing:

pita_pizza1web.jpg?w=584&h=389

Goat cheese + mushroom + spinach + homemade marinara

Wow. Ok, I think I might retract what I said before, that looks amazing! Tomorrow I am going to get me some pitta!
  • marooned
    marooned Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    the basil pesto sauce idea is great!!!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Neapolitan.jpg

Around 780 calories (my estimate) and worth every bite.

Lol. I have to agree unfortunately.

Although for a healthy alternative it sounds like you've done a good job! But I don't think it'd make me crave real pizza any less :P

See..that gets me. What is so unhealthy about pizza? Bread, cheese, meat, veggies......or as Sara once told Morebean - protein, fats, and carbs. It's pretty balanced.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    ^^ yep. Pizza is a pretty great food. I think it gets an undeserved bad rap. I do like the *faux* options for portion control though. Plus, eating a whole pizza (even if it's tiny) makes me feel a bit like a bad@$$

I can get that pita one out of my fridge and into my mouth in about 5 minutes. That's where the appeal is for me.
  • UpsideMeagan
    UpsideMeagan Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I also enjoy any other pizza. 1000kcal + at Pizza Hut last night was enjoyable too.

Lately I've had this strange craving for Pizza Hut. Haven't had it since childhood. Might have to get some, just for nostalgia, and to remember how awful it was :smile:
  • THExNEKOxCHAN
    THExNEKOxCHAN Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try making a pizza casserole that cuts out the crust completely. Like a meatza, I guess.
  • Mountainbiker2015
    Mountainbiker2015 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Sounds very delicious!!! Thanks for posting!:wink:
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Neapolitan.jpg

OH Yum!!! I make pizza regularly buy that looks amazing
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

OH Yum!!! I make pizza regularly buy that looks amazing

i should be clear - while i have made passable neapolitan-ish pizza before, that is not one of my own. i just google searched for an appropriate picture :)
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Neapolitan.jpg

Lol. I have to agree unfortunately.

Although for a healthy alternative it sounds like you've done a good job! But I don't think it'd make me crave real pizza any less :P

See..that gets me. What is so unhealthy about pizza? Bread, cheese, meat, veggies......or as Sara once told Morebean - protein, fats, and carbs. It's pretty balanced.

Wasn't say pizza is unhealthy, don't get me wrong. There is way worse things to eat out there than pizza. But what they have supplied IS a healthy alternative, because it's a way healthier alternative to pizza.
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I also like to use a little alfredo sauce (jarred if need be) as the sauce. I prefer very little sauce so it is still low cal! :)
  • BrenWOW
    Options
    [/quote]

Lately I've had this strange craving for Pizza Hut. Haven't had it since childhood. Might have to get some, just for nostalgia, and to remember how awful it was :smile:
    [/quote]

It's still awful.lol
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I think I love you :heart: . :heart:

I can't live without pizza. This is Awesome!
    Thank you!!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    The "proper" pizza in that pic looks dry to me. I'd rather have the original recipe - less bread and more toppings. I'm a total cheese slut.