Talking about 130+ pound loss, publicly.

Options

Replies

• charovnitza
    Options
    I do a LOT of public speaking, and I have to say your presentation is SUPERB! It's well written, speaks from the heart, and is entertaining as well. The audience is going to love it. Just remember, they'll probably ask questions afterward...so don't be afraid if you don't know an answer. Just say, sorry, I don't know. You're going to do great, I can tell :happy: And congratulations on your weight loss and life changing success! :flowerforyou:
  • marlabelle
    marlabelle Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your kind words! I literally cried (in a good way) reading your comments. I appreciate the feed back. The addition of funny stories is on my agenda as well as delving more in to the struggle. - This is essentially my sloppy copy and I needed to make sure the nuts and bolts were accounted for first.

Many, many thanks!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Very motivating. The reason why is because it tackles some of the major excuses people use like a shield. Not having a gym/trainer, being on a tight budget, being too out of shape to workout for hours, not having accessability to specialty products like gluten free, not having anyone to do it with them. You did it, and you did it for YOU. Share your story!
  • sunnygirl87
    sunnygirl87 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    YEAHHHHHhhh I love that you broke your goals down to 10 lb. increments. Sometimes, 2 pound goals get me through. I love that you learned to ask yourself if you are eating your emotions. I love you asking yourself if that was something a healthy person would eat. I love you ignoring some crazy competitive commentary. I love that you began where you were, used physical goals such as fitting into clothing (I have plenty of smaller sizes I could use as goals), accepted responsibility AND MOST OF ALL.. kept working on your dream. Congratulations on being a good example of how we have to be kind to ourselves as well as hard on our rationalizations! Best wishes!
  • MamaWeil2018
    MamaWeil2018 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Inspiring story, you have definitely motivated me with a number of the elements in your story :) Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Well said and best of luck
  • 3lilmonkeysxoxo
    3lilmonkeysxoxo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great job on your success. I have lost 134 pounds, but I still like hearing other people's stories to use as motivation and inspiration. I'm pretty much at my goal weight now so I mostly focus on exercising & being active so that I can maintain this current, healthier weight.
    I'm not super skinny... I never will be! And even though I've lost all that weight there are times that I am still unhappy with the way I look now, but I have to remind myself that I look better than I once did! I won't go back to that old me.

Alot of people ask me what I did. When i tell them diet & exercise, hard work & dedication, they seem very disappointed. everyone wants a magic, quick fix.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Honet, real and powerful. :flowerforyou:
  • spartans1958
    Options
    awesome, thanks!
  • droolie2
    Options
    Well spoken! You are an inspiration and your presentation is bound to be a success! Thank you for sharing.
  • tinydancer4
    tinydancer4 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Great speech! So inspiring and really interesting as well.

I just have a question about giving up sugar, as this is something I struggle with and I'm thinking I might try giving it up. Do you avoid all sugar, or just processed sugar like the sugar in cake? Do you find that this means you have to make all your food at home? As it seems almost everything which you can buy pre-made at the shop has sugar in it!
  • admnmtpilot
    admnmtpilot Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    That is a great testimony! Thanks for sharing...and good luck on the rest of your journey :flowerforyou:
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I think you will do just fine!
  • IamFzy
    IamFzy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eh, it was alright :P
  • ahfontana
    ahfontana Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    First of all, awesome job!! Secondly, your speech sounds great! I needed to read something like that to help boost me right now! :)
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Well done. Both in your path to losing that 130+ lbs and also in the presentation. Thanks for sharing, you are going to do fine.
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    That is truly an amazing speech! You have done a wonderful job on your journey thus far and I have no doubt that you will continue with your awesomeness!! Thank you so much for the inspiration!!! :heart:
  • raggyanndoll
    Options
    I loved it! I have had opportunities to do public speaking and your story is very captivating. Thanks for sharing it with us!
  • ldressle66
    Options
    Awesome story, thanks so much for sharing your journey. I think you are completely ready for your share at the gym..no edits or changes needed.

Very moving!

and Great job...good luck with the last 35 pounds.

I am sure you will succeed with your positive approach thus far.

Way to go!

Lisa
  • lmataloni
    lmataloni Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This is a great, heartfelt, and truthful speech. I think a lot of people will relate to what you said - I know I did! Getting real about food is so important. Thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!