I guess it doesnt really matter..

Options
I have been eating healthy and counting my calories and then this pops up in my news feed.

"Calorie labels incorrect experts say"
http://www.livescience.com/26799-calorie-counts-inaccurate.html?cid=dlvr.it

So the saying is now that all of the calorie labels are wrong on the food labels and thus counting calories doesn't matter. Because guess what you burn calories when you digest food so therefore the calories that you consume based on the package aren't correct,

So maybe the question should be: Can I log the digestion of the pizza I plan to have tonight during the Super Bowl as Cardio and how many calories would it be :)?

This just goes to show you that you can find an article to come up with any excuse for giving up. Hard work is what it really takes and being realistic about what you consume.

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    We're all going on approximations. Everything we calculate - BMR, BMI, TDEE, calorie burn, calorie count - are not exact.

With a little tweaking as needed, approximations are good enough.
  • MallorieGreiner
    MallorieGreiner Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Welp, guess I lost 13 pounds and several inches outta luck. If these things are inaccurate, I give up.

tumblr_lux2sfSnnl1qeshqgo1_500.gif
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    We're all going on approximations. Everything we calculate - BMR, BMI, TDEE, calorie burn, calorie count - are not exact.

This.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options

z

Yup.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Although giving 70g less of soup than the tin says is a bit of a p*ss-take...