Shakeology Cleanse- Good or bad idea?

Options
Hi,
I am from England, so the only way I can get Shakeology is through EBay so please.. I don't need coaches on here trying to sell it to me from America.
There are a lot of reviews out there and they are mainly by beachbody coaches or reviewers somehow affiliated to them in some way, so rather biased in my opinion. And I need honest accounts of people's own personal experience....

I have been ill with a chest infection for 6 weeks, so had to stop all my workouts ( was doing 30 DS Jillian Michaels and Bikram Yoga before falling ill)

I want to do the shakeology cleanse because I keep hearing that the shakeology shakes are the most nutrient dense shakes on the market right and great for kick starting weight loss and regaining energy. Is this true? Any MFPs out there who have tried it without working out/or taken a long break from fitness- who have lost weight and re-gained energy on this?
Please I need a honest answer without any beachbody coaches telling me to buy it, in any case I have to buy from EBay only

If I use a protein shake at all as a meal replacement or for when I was working out -then I currently use a soy protein isolate shake (0.07g sugars only in it) from Holland & Barratt.
Many thanks folks.

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    if you would like to lose weight by emptying your wallet, Shakeology is a great way to do that.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    *grabs popcorn*
  • Annawaywego
    Annawaywego Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    if you would like to lose weight by emptying your wallet, Shakeology is a great way to do that.

so have you tried it?
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options

so have you tried it?

why would I do that? I eat real food and exercise. Have stayed within a 10-lb. weight range my entire life with the exception of pregnancies.

There is no magic bullet.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway:

EAT FOOD it works and saves you oodles of money

:wink:

ETA to correct wording only
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options

I have to agree. You can lose weight without expensive shakes. I did.
  • loobz12
    Options
    I'm using ideal weight shakes at the moment, I've lost 20lb in 3wks and I'm loving it. I exercise 4 times a wk and like to burn about 500 calories at a time doing mixed cardio dunno if that helps x
  • Parks0613
    Parks0613 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think its a bad idea! I use to sell those things! SO not Worth the Money and to many toxins put into your body! Eat real food that is your best bet! But the clean eating diet cook book by Tosca Reno Amazing Recipes! Also we love the Abs diet cook book!
  • Annawaywego
    Options
    I think its a bad idea! I use to sell those things! SO not Worth the Money and to many toxins put into your body! Eat real food that is your best bet! But the clean eating diet cook book by Tosca Reno Amazing Recipes! Also we love the Abs diet cook book!
    [/quote

Thanks that's really helpful- to others who are just saying "eat real food and exercise"- Er Duh, yes I know that- that is why I am on here in the first place- to exercise and eat well.
    The CURRENT problem is I haven't been able to exercise as I have been ill and my body has been full of drugs and antibiotics for the last six weeks and I feel yuk!

I am looking for a kick-start to weight loss with a nutrient dense product. or a cleanse...

I make food from scratch and eat clean as I can...but going back to work next week I know I wont have as much time on my hands to prepare fresh foods..
    Obviously Shakeology is very expensive and I do not want to make expensive mistakes....which is why I am asking for advice here.
    Thanks again.
  • Annawaywego
    Options
    I'm using ideal weight shakes at the moment, I've lost 20lb in 3wks and I'm loving it. I exercise 4 times a wk and like to burn about 500 calories at a time doing mixed cardio dunno if that helps x

Thanks, and congratulations on your weight loss that is awesome. :)
    I don't think Ideal Weight Shakes is a product I can get in the U.K, are you from the USA?
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It's a waste of money!

To save time and effort when you're in work make extra of each tea you cook and freeze it in little boxes for lunches!
  • Annawaywego
    Options
    It's a waste of money!

To save time and effort when you're in work make extra of each tea you cook and freeze it in little boxes for lunches!

thank you- great idea.
  • Annawaywego
    Options
    think the general response is don't go for Shakeology. More than anything what I am trying to do is clean my body. I just feel really yukky inside with all the toxins. I have been taking 11 tablets a day for bronchitis the last six weeks- that's a lot of meds!!! I think I am just going to carry on with my homemade green juice ( I make my own with vegetables and fruits. and I have started to take a probiotic as well.. hopefully that will help. thanks for the posts.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is full of good stuff, but whole foods are much better. Yes it's full of ingredients from around the world, but there are other products that are similar and much cheaper, eg Udo's Beyond Greens but without the protein powder added.

It isn't a miracle fat loss supplement, it's just an expensive supplement.
  • tammyclinch
    tammyclinch Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It a different protein shake ,,i say make your own
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Your liver and kidneys will cleanse your body just fine. There is no scientific research to support the need to do anything special to "cleanse" your body. Medications will metabolize.

And there is no evidence that "kickstarting" a "diet" is any more effective than just making a decision to start eating more healthfully and being patient.
  • AKbikini
    Options
    I used Shakeology for three days (1 meal a day replaced) and my digestive system protested loudly...it's not real food! Try adding more fruits and vegetables to your diet and a good multivitamin recommended by your MD or pharmacist...this will get your immunity back on track before you start working out again...
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I sent you a pm..but maybe you should get a probiotic. (you can get them at a healthfood store). I use Florajen 3. I am sure there are similar ones over there. Especially because you said you were taking antibx..

I got really bloated once after taking antibx. I looked 6 months pregnant. My energy was at an all time low. I hate taking supplement. Heck, it's hard enough for me to remember to take a vitamin. But I was at the end of my rope. I decided...why not. I'll try a probiotic.

I have NEVER felt better. Now I take it regularly..not just when I have to take an antibx. And actually now that I think about it..since I started taking the probiotic..I haven't been sick in a while. Could just be coincidence though.

I am sure you can get a good probiotic over in England at a health food store.

Regardless...forget Shakeology. Slow and steady wins the race. Eat well, move and lift heavy heavy objects and try taking a probiotic!