Having trouble losing 10 lbs

I'm 5'2", I have a basal metabolic rate of about 1500-1700 calories, have lost about 10lbs over the last 2.5 years, and would like to try to lose 5-10 more this year to get to my ultimate goal weight. I work out 4-6 times a week, mostly cardio with some WiiFitPlus lifting. I am often successful staying at 1200 calories 6x/week (I give myself 1 cheat day, on which I eat a good breakfast, but let myself eat whatever I want for the rest of the day). I eat enough protein, despite being a vegetarian...but I'm really having trouble with these last 5-10lbs.
Anyone else in this situation? What helps you stick with it even when you know that those last few pounds are hard to take off and take much longer than the frist few?
Any suggestions?

Replies

• I would say to track your "Cheat day" because who knows how much you're consuming. In order to make adjustments you have to know what you're eating. This doesn't mean you need to do away with the cheat day but it does mean that you might want to actually count the calories you're eating during those meals.
  • Lift, lift, and lift. Oh, did I mention you should lift?

Seriously, it can be a major help for breaking a plateau but it will also help create a nicer body shape for when those last few pounds are gone.
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress

Check out this group. Lots of good tips and info for what you're experiencing.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    first off, your basal metabolic rate is the bare minimum you should be eating. eat more to lose weight. i know, it sounds weird, but it works.

also, track your cheat day.

and start strength training if you haven't already.
  • mkookies
    mkookies Posts: 67 Member
    Simply put...

Strength training. Eat more.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 671 Member
    I agree with all of these. Add weights, and watch that cheat day. I cheat on some days, but not the entire day, and really it is still a controlled cheat. In addition to going over on calories in general, you may be eating things that sabotage you in other ways...you know, lots of sodium and processed junk. If you are serious about those last few pounds, you may need to limit the cheat.

Good luck!
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Eat at least your BMR number and........have you heard about this one yet???...............................LIFT

:flowerforyou:
  • amandaj1966
    amandaj1966 Posts: 342 Member
    Welcome to my world, I am 5ft 1 and every extra lb shows. I was about 10 stone for ever, always had roughly 1400 calories per day and exercised 4 times a week but couldn't get my weight down. But I joined MFP and have managed to lose 8 lbs in 6 months but thats it. I really want to lose another 7 but the scales wont move. I lift weights too, ( not heavy ones ) but cant shift that last bit of weight.
    Good luck with it, if you find the answer to shifting the stubborn last few lbs please let me know. xx