New to this place

Options
I am new here. I am trying to lose 30 pounds. The problem that I am having is finding the motivation. I need to lose it because of my cholesterol and all, but I cannot seem to stick to it. How do you guys do it?

Replies

• ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    I can only explain it as a light bulb going off! I struggled for two years knowing that I need to loss the weight and doing something about it. On Dec 28, 2009 was that day for me. I told myself two things. I'm going to log my food good or bad every day! I'm going to drink 8- 8oz of water a day! If you log you are more likely to loss as you realize what you are putting in your body. It is all about moderation and portion control. You make little changes and you will get there. Baby steps! Friend me if you want I will cheer you on.
  • sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options
    Hi there.

Everybody is different and their methods for losing weight may also be different. For me I gave myself a real incentive. This time it is my vacation. I no longer want to be ashamed of my body as I walk along the beach with my wife. I also do not see myself as being on a diet. I am changing my lifestyle. For me a diet felt like being punished for liking food and I was depriving myself of the things that I liked.

I joined this site and it is a real eye opener when you start to count the calories. Sometimes it is hard but it does work. I set myself mini goals for each week. And they have to be realistic. For example I am unable to excercise this week so my goal is not to put any weight back on. I will have to be extra careful with what I eat. Next week when I get back to the gym I will set a target of 1-2lb loss. I have a long term goal but that is a long term. I will get there because I want to. And if you want to real your goal you will but you have to be totally honest with yourself at all times and except that there will be times when you question yourself and is it really worth it, and when you get those times, come here and vent your frustration.

Good luck
    Steve