Frustrated and losing motivation!! sigh.....

Options
I am having the hardest time of my life trying to lose this weight!! It does not want to budge. I herniated my C5-6 cervical disc in my neck about 8 months ago and gained about 20 pounds on top of the 20 I already had to lose. The injury had me pretty much doing nothing until I was able to control the pain which took about 6 good months. I started dieting and exercising about a month ago. Here's where my frustation begins.... I can't work out as hard as I would like to because there are now limitations on what I can and can't do now with my neck. No high impact anything, running, overhead weights. I'm only 41, feel more like Im 81 now. I've reduced my calories down. Initially went down to 1200 a day working out 3-5 times a week atleast 30 mins of low impact, high intensity cardio with some weight training and interval. Come to discover 1200 calories is too low and my husband made me up it to atleast 1400 and yes I do eat my exersize calories. I cannot for the life of me drop any weight. I'm very disciplined and want nothing more than to get this weight off. My husband is yelling at me that I am not eating enough. I think I'm eating fine. What in the heck am I doing wrong?

sincerely,
lil miss aggravated...and then some :)

Replies

• Tonkaburner23
    Options
    Have you tried with any low impact sports? (eg. biking, swimming, aqua-sizing classes or yoga) All of which aren't as hard on your joints. Also try and up your intake of water (this does take an adjustment to try and get used to). Do give it some time to see some results it wont all happen over night (if only!) - others will see the results on you before you seem to see them on yourself. Try to not stress over it too much.