Frustrated!!

Options
So if anyone noticed I've been a member since December 2007. I started for new-year's and then didn't log in again until July 2008. BUT, Over that next year I lost 27 lbs from 171 to 144!! Yay! :drinker:

I have been STUCK between 143-148 for a year now. Yes, I am proud of myself for not gaining back the weight, but since I don't look so chubby I seem to have no long-term motivation. I wear a size 6-8 and go about my days eating fairly healthy and occasionally working out.

This would be fine except, I'm 5'3". I am still classified as overweight by all means including BMI - its 25.5 right now. I have a 30% body fat percentage.

Every time I get down to like 143..... something goes wrong. I had bronchitis two months of this winter! (I have asthma too so bronchitis means no cardio.) I cannot keep a constant 300 calorie deficit in diet alone since I maintain at just 1500 calories. I need to burn off my deficits!! I am just too darn hungry and this winter was too cold!

I SWEAR I WILL DO THIS!! Please send me well wishes that I do not get sick or injured anymore! I want to net 1200 every day. I want to be a HEALTHY weight!!

Replies

• anne28
    anne28 Posts: 10
    Options
    good luck, us shorties have it rough, I'm 5'2" and 2 pounds away from getting out of obese.

Stay positive! You can do it!
  • kellycrow
    kellycrow Posts: 140
    Options
    I'm 5 3 also and just got out of obese... i have 20 more lbs to go to get to my goal... (135)... i hope i will be able to do that... i am really looking forward to feeling healthy... and i can't keep blaming my extra weight on my twins... they are 8 yrs old now!!!
    but you can do it!!! keep working at it and don't give up!!
    :o)
  • tavander
    tavander Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that the weight/height guidelines are just that, guidelines. They are standard and not based on ones personal data. Perhaps a visit to your doctor for an assessment of what is a healthy weight for your body type? Bone structure etc play a huge role. I'm 5'4" and have always had very muscular legs as well as hips and a butt. Short of completely starving myself and wasting muscle away, it is not realistic for me to get to the weight the standard guidelines show. I personally would rather be strong rather than rail thin. I like to be active :)
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and all I've been able to lose is one pound. ARGH! I work out at least five times a week and eat clean, but it's my health and meds that keep me bloated.

But I'm going to keep on truckin' and won't give up!!
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! I'm 5'2 so I understand! Try to stay motivated... the success stories forum helps me! :)
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that the weight/height guidelines are just that, guidelines. They are standard and not based on ones personal data. Perhaps a visit to your doctor for an assessment of what is a healthy weight for your body type? Bone structure etc play a huge role. I'm 5'4" and have always had very muscular legs as well as hips and a butt. Short of completely starving myself and wasting muscle away, it is not realistic for me to get to the weight the standard guidelines show. I personally would rather be strong rather than rail thin. I like to be active :)

I'm trying to take that into account. I have been measured as having a "small" frame, but I know I also have a lot of muscle. Since small frame ideal at 5'3" is 111-124, I am realizing I may end up more like 125 and muscular. :smile:

I think BMI is stupid since it doesn't take into account muscle mass or body fat, HOWEVER, it would be nice to finally say I have a healthy BMI anyway.
  • cellpttoday
    Options
    Hi Jules
    I'm a personal trainer and most people hit a plateau when they reach their goal weight. I recommend to switch up your routine and change your antioxident intake. Eat more berries your should start to loose weight again. If you have any questions feel to contact me at cellpttoday.com
  • aholly8a
    aholly8a Posts: 1
    Options
    You CAN do it! Like everyone said, those height/weight ratios are just guidelines. I am 5' 3" and weigh 127 currently. According to my BMI, I am at about 22, which is ridiculous since my body fat was recently measured at 16%. Go by how you feel and look, not by the scale or any other "measurement" people may give you :)
  • sollygirl
    sollygirl Posts: 107
    Options
    You can do it!! I was like you I struggled between 142 and 149 for about 6 years and now the last time i weighed in i was down to 132. You just need to keep focused and remember if you have a bad day its not the end of it just get back on track for the rest of the day.

Good luck and just know You can do it!!
  • soulfire711
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and when I was in college, I weighed about 145. It was next to impossible for me to lose weight too! Unfortunately, I don't have a success story to share. :embarassed: I actually gave up and gained 40 lbs....partly due to frustration and partly due to the stress of grad school. I guess the point is...here I am and there you are. You should celebrate the fact that you stuck with it well enough to maintain your weight!! Just keep working at it and be proud of what you're doing! :bigsmile: