Certain diet or everything in moderation?

Options
2»

Replies

• auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Low fat? Low carb?

Okay everything you eat fall in to these 3 catagories: 1) Carb 2) Fat or 3) Protein.
    (Once your here for a while you'll hear people talk about "MACROS", which are those 3 catagories)

So I think it's foolish to severely restrict any one area.
    What i do strive for is...
    1) COMPLEX carbs
    2) HAPPY fats (mono or poly unsaturated NOT Saturated, plant or fish based... helps fight diabetes, improves brain function, heart health and helps prevent depression)
    3) LEAN proteins

Other than that I'm a big fan of SMALL INCREMENTAL Changes.
    You don't have to be perfect you just have to be better.
    If you are doing this for life, you don't have to do this overnight. Making a series of small sustainable changes is much less stressful than changing everything all at once. If you pick 2 or 3 things to IMPROVE you don't have to think about everything just those few things until they become habit, then pick 2 or 3 more things to improve.
  • jan1755
    jan1755 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ok. Think I've got it. Don't restrict anything. All things in moderation. Eat within your macros. Lean protein, complex carbs and fruits and vegetables. Seems so common sense but when you've read so many diet books, all pushing the latest fad, it's easy to get confused. Thanks everyone who responded.