Gotta Lose 155 pounds...... Motivation appreciated!!!

Options
Hi all!
I'm not new to weight loss programs! I've tried EVERYTHING out there! I have been on so many programs that I've lost count. I recently tried Weight Watchers for the tenth time. I needed a change so here I am! I would love to meet some new people and get lots of motivation to keep me on track during this long journey!:heart:

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    you are more than welcome to add me ,,,,good luck on your weight loss journey ....WE CAN DO THIS :bigsmile:
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have lost 118 but still need to lose more. MFP has helped me so much.
  • DaisyDi65
    DaisyDi65 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Please add me as a friend. We can motivate each other. MFP has helped me stay on track and my friends have been great motivators. Best of luck!
  • Marilyn2303
    Marilyn2303 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time.
    Don't look at the big picture.
    Something i've done as well is when i really got dedicated to losing weight and changing lifestyle was go to the local used clothing store and buy a couple of outfits that were a little tight, it was really great to see when they fit and are now too big.
  • pagoubupa
    pagoubupa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I have 112 pounds left to lose.
  • KathrynCatlady
    KathrynCatlady Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I just started about a month ago. Feel free to add me, I am on every day.
  • iam_soHARLEM
    iam_soHARLEM Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    just set mini goals for the week and make sure to accomplish them.. small goals add up to large ones!! good luck u can add me as ur friend
  • ImmaZombie
    Options
    I have about the same to lose IF I want to get down to my ideal body weight. Once I reach my first goal, I'll re-evaluate then.. but you are more than welcome to add me. I would love support and love to give support. :)
  • Neequie
    Options
    Someone above wrote "we can do this" I wish there was a LOVE button!! That is exactly it, honey, you aren't alone! I wish I found this community when I was 9. I may nothave gotten fat! Lol!! Feel free to add me. I had the lap band and have been put on a special diet for maximum weight loss. (do I always follow it? NO, Im human!) I don't believe in diets, I believe in lifestyle changes and WORK. Anyway, that being said, Id be glad to share what I know and my counseling sessions with a nutritionist! :heart:
  • iveyroze3
    Options
    have been taking it in 10% weight loss increments, then a little reward, like a pedicure, a new book, work out clothing . Anyone can friend me ,I am on here everyday,several times a day. This site is so helpful.
  • daxazo
    daxazo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose, too! I've been at it since Jan. 8. You can do this!
  • sunnygirl87
    sunnygirl87 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    YEAH.. you can do it. The methods are varied here. I love that there are vegans and people doing Atkins! Can I say, I am over people saying I can't have a cheeseburger? If I want to "Spend" my calories on it and it helps me feel like I am not depriving myself.. I am fine with it. AND FOR GOODNESS SAKES.. it took me years to put on this weight, I am going to take my time and learn new ways, OVER TIME! S'all right! I hope you can maybe break down your ultimate goal into smaller, workable Ways to feel you've achieved something new and lasting! Best wishes!

OOps, I have about the same amount to lose, too. I've been in treatment, done all sorts of methods.. I want to learn to eat to live this time.
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    123 lbs left to lose here, you can add me if you`d like:)
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time.
    Don't look at the big picture.
    Something i've done as well is when i really got dedicated to losing weight and changing lifestyle was go to the local used clothing store and buy a couple of outfits that were a little tight, it was really great to see when they fit and are now too big.

^This!

Like you - this would be my umpteenth million time giving this a go lol.

But it totally "feels" different this time.

I mean I have over 200lbs to lose - but I'm choosing this time to look at the smaller picture so I don't intimidate myself.

I mean 1 month down, I'm down 9lbs - and I'm almost at my 1st goal woohoo! That's a much more impressive way to look at it to me - and God's honest truth - 1st time ever in my 30 years, that i finally 'get it' hahah.

Also - let me introduce you to my magic food friend: BABY SPINACH
    You can put that stuff on anything! 4.5 cups on 20 cals! woohoo.
    Slap that stuff on a sandwich - kinda tricks your brain into thinkin it's a big meaty sandwich - and it's got this out of the world crunch to it woohoo!

Most importantly - keep on keepin on friend! and add friends as support - it really helps :)
  • itsmelynn15
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I have 145 to lose. Add me if you'd like. We can cheer eachother on!
  • charlz90
    charlz90 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hiya I am very new to this with 80lbs to lose, just starting out so would love some friends to start the journey with :D
  • emily_kanee
    Options
    Hey you can add me :D i need motivation too we can motivate each other as we lose weight! we can do this~! :heart:
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I've started with 173 pounds to lose so I know exactly what you're facing. You can do it as long as you make yourself a priority. Good luck to you!
  • Stephy2469
    Stephy2469 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I still have long ways to go, around 80 more lbs, but you are more then welcome to add me. I have lost 32lbs in the past 3 months. My diary is open to friends.(just don't look at yesterday, it was my spike day)
  • Shelialouise66
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, feel free to add me. With the right encouragement, you can do ithis!