Go mow the lawn!

cmw72
cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I mowed the lawn tonight for the first time this year. The weather has been off and on crappy for months now and we're finally starting to see some sunshine. Meanwhile, the lawn had gotten out of control.

I figure I spent about 90 minutes on the project, at least 60 of which was full on mowing.

I got to thinking, maybe that's under the exercise category on MFP ... it sure felt like a workout. I was literally destroyed afterwords. My legs are still complaining.

So I looked it up ...

Even by conservative estimates, I burned nearly 800 calories! Being seriously overweight does have some advantages I guess. ;) And hey, my wife was seriously impressed with my sudden industriousness when she arrived home from work to find the lawn all neat and trim, so it's win / win!

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    I was thinking the same thing! It's still cold here so it hasn't grown yet, but I am looking forward to mowing, raking, weed-whacking, and even bought seeds to plant for a veggie garden!
    By using my HRM to make sure I am in the correct zone I can get an accurate measurement of calories and and count all that yard work as my exercise for the day! 2 birds with one stone! woohoo!
This discussion has been closed.