Calling all law students... LOSE THE 1L WEIGHT!!!

Options
I'm a second year law student and part of realizing I am half-way to my degree was recognizing the toll it has taken on my body. It is very hard admitting how far I feel I've fallen... I used to LOVE fashion, and now I hate getting dressed. But I've seen sooo many friends and loved ones go through law school, gain it during first year, and then lose it between second and third year. If they can do it, I have to do it too... but I'm about to be 29 years old, and my body just isn't what it used to be.

I've started losing weight: I'm attending 6 or 7 75-minute vinyasa yoga classes a week, doing sit-ups and limited at home activities, and running about once a week. However, the difficult part is that I really do like food and I've never succeeded losing weight without being hungry all the time. Given that I'm not getting any younger... every time I eat anything, I feel guilty or discouraged.

Feel free to laugh at me for these, but in case anyone else finds these useful... The four "stay on track" devises that have been helpful so far are:
1. I keep my scale in my kitchen, on the floor in front of the fridge. If I'm at home, I step on the scale before taking a bite of anything. Overkill? Maybe... but I snack when I'm bored, and this makes me think about how much I really do or don't want that cookie or omelet or glass of orange juice.
2. Whenever I feel hungry, I start by drinking a bottle of water or a cup of herbal tea. If your body is dehydrated, it will fool you into thinking it's hungry. If I'm still hungry after drinking water, then I'll find food.
3. Hummus and "nut-thins" have become my staple "eat it whenever" snack. Yummy, filling, low-calorie.
4. I keep both a dress that I cannot fit into, but that I used to feel really good wearing, hanging where I can see it every day... and a photo of a boy who, frankly, did not treat me very well... where I can see them every day. The dress is a reminder of how good it feels to walk in a room with the confidence that comes from being healthy and fit... the boy is a reminder of how I don't want to feel ever again.

All of that said... I'd love advice-- tell me what to change-- especially from people who emphasize / rely on yoga for losing weight. It's the only kind of exercise I like. Also, I hate vegetables...

Lets do this!! M.