ADMIT IT! The tree is still up!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• neuro_nut
    neuro_nut Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just came down today! Finally... I'm always embarrassed when it stays up until February :/
  • lunnay
    lunnay Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Fake tree & decorations go up early as possible as long as it's after December 1st, come down January 6th. :)
  • horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Mine is. Ever seen that Everybody Loves Raymond episode about the suitcase that nobody would carry upstairs? Yeah, right now that's my life, its a battle of wills between me and the hubs. I am honestly about to break though, even though I really hate losing.

lol, yes! I remember that episode, one of my favorites!

If you really want to get your husband thinking about the tree (if it is a living tree) leave pin nails around on the floor.
  • kaytiecakes
    kaytiecakes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Never had one up. I avoid all holidays like the plague. Too much work for zero reward.

This. Except Halloween. I'm the *kitten* on my block that puts up decorations at the beginning of September and leaves them up until the week before Thanksgiving. I do not decorate for any other holiday.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Ours came down Jan 1 (like usual), but I already miss it.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Lol - last year mine came down at Easter!! So this year I went to Thailand the day after Xmas, so did not bother to put it up at all ;-)
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    No way, we have a live tree every year and it goes down around January 2nd or 3rd. I'm over the holidays at that point and want everything put away.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    never put it up :\

I live in New jersey, and that b*tch, Sandy, sucked the life out of me.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Nope, went down around New Years
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Our tree is not still up (very small, fake tree). And the wooden painted stand that we made to hang the stockings on is taken down as well. But, the decorations that my children made out of paper are still up, and we have an earth globe on the table that the tree was on. Even though the tree is down, it's still in my profile photo (or at least, it is one of the photos I rotate in).
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    mines been down for three weeks
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Me! We're guilty, but it's my job to do the decorating, so I'm the lazy one. It's the first time we've had a tree in 20 years, so it was extra special and maybe why I haven't taken it down yet. :yawn:
  • babyskunkles
    babyskunkles Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    OMG, I can't believe I am not the only one. I used to take mine down on Christmas night. Last year I got this huge HEAVY fake tree that has to go in the attic. Most of it is boxed up, but it is all still in the house! Ugh.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    My tree came down January 3rd actually.
    One year though I left it up year round just changed decorations.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    MIne is.

The ornaments got taken off Friday, and the box is still in the living room.

Eventually the tree will make it downstairs.. lol.
  • kristina_m92
    kristina_m92 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    We do.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Never had one up. I avoid all holidays like the plague. Too much work for zero reward.

I feel much the same way. Put up a tiny tree at the BF's insistence this year. It went down at the end of Christmas Day.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Ours came down Jan 1 (like usual), but I already miss it.

Ditto
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    My dad has kept it up until May before, LOL. I'm sure his is STILL up.

We never put ours up. Nah. No point when we don't celebrate here but at other houses.
  • NatashaVR
    Options
    I laughed so hard at this!! Alright, so my family doesn't have their tree up, however my sister insists on keeping the Christmas lights up and...turning them on, still!! It's not Christmas silly! Goodness. Love this topic, brought a smile to my face :D