Around 35lbs lost so far - before and during!

Options
13»

Replies

• MadamUnique
    Options
    You honestly look amazing and have curves! When you was at your biggest, you was beautiful and still are! ♥
  • cathers_
    Options
    Well done! very similar start to me so good to see what i can hope for in a few months
  • Marilyn2303
    Marilyn2303 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You look great. I wish I had some before and after pictures
  • ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Amazing results!
  • carfamily08
    Options
    You look great! Awesome job :)
  • NewKeriSept2014
    NewKeriSept2014 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    wow nice job! true inspiration! :)
  • NeptuneTang
    Options
    You are a natural beauty that's for sure. You look super foxy. I love your smile!
    Can you share some of your best tips? Things that worked well and things to avoid doing?
    The cheat day! :drinker:
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Big difference! Great job keep it up!
  • dreambodin2011
    dreambodin2011 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    awesome results, well done - you are gorgeous.
  • forbiddendonut
    forbiddendonut Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! What an accomplishment. You should be very proud. :)
  • DaniAni19
    DaniAni19 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    awesome! that's my halfway point and i started about where you did. can't wait :}

Same here! You look great! Very inspiring for me, can't wait to post my half way pictures! Add me as a friend if you would like!
  • Katersamo
    Katersamo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You are a natural beauty that's for sure. You look super foxy. I love your smile!
    Can you share some of your best tips? Things that worked well and things to avoid doing?
    The cheat day! :drinker:

Thank you so much, I am totally blushing right now!

The things that have worked for me are a couple of rules I stick to:

1. Try to eat all the calories that MFP tells you to. It seems like sometimes I don't want to because i'm feeling "fat", but usually end up gaining weight if I don't eat them all.

2. Have healthier days within your calorie range and don't feel bad about eating something delicious (for me it's a big sandwich - the unhealthy kind lol - or having wine haha). As far as I have noticed, as long as I stay within the range, healthy food or a couple a of bad things, I have seen results.

3. Have one cheat day a week...or every 2 weeks depending on how you think it might reflect on the scale. I always have a nice big dinner on my weigh-in day. For example last saturday I went to les 3 brasseurs and had a pulled pork sandwich, fries and even shared dessert with my friend. I thought it would kill me but having one cheat day a week usually tends to boost my metabolism for the week ahead.

4. Outside of regular exercise, keep moving. For example, I try to get off my bus a little earlier than usual just to walk the rest of the way home. I also like to chose the bus/metro/walk combo (even though it's longer than just the bus) because I know that I will force myself to walk up the escalators!

5. Finally, do some regular exercise. I would love to get back in to the habit of running because I think the weight would drop off faster. Unfortunately it's about -928759870 degrees in Montreal so I can't run outside. Right now I do weights at home and Jillian Michaels has recently started to kick my *kitten* because her videos are free on YouTube! If I had access to a gym I would go but I had to find another alternative.

I would avoid beer if you're a beer drinker...I can drink it like water. Maybe that's the "Brit living in Canada" thing...Anyway, I drink wine or vodka and diet coke when I do drink. I find it has faster effects without weighing you down (if you know what I mean haha).

And don't feel bad telling your friends "no". My best friend is always eating out and I used to as well. She is always asking if I want anything, or if we should go grab lunch while at school. It's something I had to change in my life in order to save money but as a result, I am losing weight AND learning how to cook - so it's a win win! If I have to eat out, I will do it on my cheat day; it gives me something to look forward to each week.

I hope this is helpful!

ps: this is shocking - I just compared my face! I never thought to do it before.

sDpOFEj.jpg
  • magpiej
    magpiej Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate - you have done an awesome job! You should be extremely proud of the "Health" that you've gained along with the pounds that you have lost. Keep up the good work, beautiful lady!
  • Katersamo
    Katersamo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    thank you everybody :)
  • Nola4
    Nola4 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    HEY HEY
    You look so amazing....I can relate to the LOVE for beer...all that beer goes straight to the belly. Trust me I know!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!