Feeling terrified.

Options
Hiya everyone!
So I started my weight loss journey a month ago. I lost 12 gained 10 back. Im feeling so scared about the weight loss and im not exactly sure why. I go to the gym 6 days a week and do PACE ( pretty much what WW does) for a hour and a half and then I do the steps for 10mintes and walked for 25. But when I try to push myself farther to keep going I almost chicken out...idk why. I've been eating right though at times the brownies that were left over from my daughters bday dooooo look good. I use to be 110lbs three children later im 189....A part of me is thinking if I lose weight I won't be the same person and my husband will think Im ugly and poof. I know he wont do that but after ready an article on it its kindda scaring me. Any tips how to get over this hurdle?

Replies

• Superchas
    Superchas Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You can either restrict calories in or increase calories burnt or both.
    Only you can decide which of these is best for you and it will evolve over time.

I think you are exercising too soon and turning fat into muscle which is heavier and establishing a level here for yourself.

Until you can go down to the gym to burn off the brownies consumed or come back from the gym knowing you can eat them if you want to lose weight lay off the brownies.

Stop reading bull on the internet talk to your husband get his support and I assure you you will be a healthier version of yourself at then other end.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are doing ok.

You're more active.

You've lost 2 pounds in a month (.5 a week) - not bad.
    I use to be 110lbs three children later im 189....A part of me is thinking if I lose weight I won't be the same person and my husband will think Im ugly and poof.

Your husband liked you at 110 right? And he stuck with you for a 79# weight gain right? (I'm assuming) I've heard a few stories about relationship problems stemming from big changes (fitness, weight, habits) on here - but mostly they seem like there were underlying problems in the relationships or someone went fanatical.

I guess my point is - don't worry about problems you don't have. If at some point some of these problems start to come up - you can always address them then right?
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    You read an article that suggested that your husband wouldn't be interested in you if you lost weight? That goes against what I know about most men. If your husband is the father of your children then he's already seen you at 110 lbs, right? Have you become reliant on food for comfort and you don't want to give it up? Maybe that's where the fear comes from. You're doing plenty of exercise. There really isn't a need for you to do more than what you're already doing. You could even do less if it'll lessen your fears.
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Push through this... You have a lot of people here for support. Remember tomorrow will always come so you can be overweight or be skinny and healthy. What does your tomorrow hold? I bet it will be skinny and healthy. YOU CAN DO THIS again just push through this pitty party.Just around the corner is the real party. We are all waiting for you over there . wink

Your husband will also come around so don't let that stop you.
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I believe you will be fine, as someone else mentioned talk to your husband and get his support, you will need this especially if he is the type who can eat anything and not put on weight.

Start nice and easy, consume your calorie goal for the day, eat about 75% of your exercise calories back (just to allow for errors in calculations) as you go down the road you then clean up your eating. Don't try to do to much to quickly, small adjustments will get things moving then you can fine tune your exercise and diet to what you find works for your body.

If you would care to add me for extra support.

Andy