slimming pills

Options
hi im just wondering if things like adios and lipoband..or any other weightloss pill help...has anyone tryed them and swears by them??

Replies

• bathori
    bathori Posts: 33
    Options
    They do nothing.
  • bathori
    bathori Posts: 33
    Options
    edited double post
  • Desiderata
    Options
    they dont do crap. i was on slimquick for a while, saw no changes (while religiously obeying their meal and exercise plan) and after 6 weeks, i decided to do it the au natural way, and ended up GAINING weight, just my quitting the pills. (my metabolism plummeted from stopping the pills)
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    I'm sure some people see changes with certain drugs, while others see nothing. Honestly though, if a change is seen while taking them, then what happens after? That weight is put right back on. The only true way lose weight is to be good to yourself. Eat healthy and exercise. Weight loss should be a journey for life, not just a short term lived thing.
  • sadiej1
    sadiej1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been using a mail-order drug called "Apidexin" and the complimentary detox pils called "Detoxufree72". The combo is working for me. I have been watching my diet and following my calorie intake as suggested by MFP, however have not exercised at all. In 24 days I have lost 26 lbs. I have a LOT of excess weight, so I'm sure that is why my numbers are large, but the pills definitely seem to be helping me lose weight in all the areas that I have a terrible time losing weight. They go straight for the fat and work to convert it to muscle. It could be a placebo effect - my brain might just think they are working - but a scale doesn't lie. I hope this helps!
  • dwalden
    dwalden Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have been using OxyElite Pro from USPLabs. I had been at a plateau for about 6 weeks and decided to try something different. Very powerful stuff. Lost 3 lbs in the first week.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    when i first began dieting my doctor prescribed phentermine - which is a generic form of the drug Adipex. at that time i was morbidly obese (i'm a hiccup over 5 ft tall) and exercising was nearly impossible because of weak joints and too much excess weight. i would swim for about an hour a week, and tried to walk as often as possible but i did no real exercise... the pills slowed my appetite, yes but on their own they did not reduce the weight for me. once i lost my first 10-12 lbs with phentermine i went without it for the most part. since then i've only taken it when i hit a plateau, and it helps me focus on my calorie intake. taken by itself it can cause one to gain weight or slow your metabolism.
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I"m taking Jillian Micheal's weight loss pills, something about helping you control your calorie intake by helping you feel full. I see a difference when I take them I don't feel as hungry. Before I started taking them I was starving all day long. I don't know what's up with that.
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I've tried many many slimming tablets over the years, :yawn:
    I've taken cabbage soup, acaiburn + colon cleanse, bonsal, advanced carb-o-slim, metabo ultra max and more from the internet and highstreet products like fibre diet and adios and fat metaboliser. :noway:

I think some do work to a degree but I find that like anything it's a case of keeping the weight off while it's off, so you need to use for months to get real results that stay off, and also after loosing any weight be sure to maintain your weight loss for 6 months to allow your body to settle at it's new weight, stop the yo-yo effect! :sad:

Out of all the slimming tablets I have bought the metabo ultra max the most and have taken them for months and months on and off, there's no doubt they do make you feel less hungry and you seem to be able to shift the weight easier, but I find I get lazy on them, ''Oh well I've had a slimming tablet so I can eat this hamburger'' kind of mentality!!!

Some of them have horrible side effects and make you feel shakey, weak and weird. :sick:
    Be careful of what you buy, anything with ephadrine will make you feel like that at first and it can be very unpleasant when your not used to it.
    Acai berry products- I did three months on them last year and really felt no different at all, lost only what I'd expect to on the food I was eating. :grumble:

I never felt anything but good on the metabo ultra max though, they seem to make me forget about food and get on with my day.
    Talking of which maybe I should buy a new batch?!? I've not had any for a few years now might be the little nudge I need to get me out of my latest plateau!?! I bought them from eBay, there's lots of suppliers and they are not too pricey either :bigsmile:

I would say that if you use them WITH sensible eating and follow your MFP goals as you would without them you will find it easier and you'll most probably loose a bit faster and train your body to eat less quicker and more effectively.
    And any extra help I can offer myself with this is good.

I would say don't take any slimming tablet and expect it to do all the work, you must use with healthy well balance diet, get loads of fresh fruit, veg and lean proteins, and exercise sensibly and maintain weight loss for at least 6 months to achieve permanent results. Tablets alone will not work.

Good luck with all your goals :smile:

508926.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • tubbalubs
    Options
    thanks for all ur replies...i dont use tablets and dont plan to i was just being curious....im just stickin to the calories and see whats happens, im doing gentle exercise as im on the go all day with my 4 kiddies who are all under 6....have foned the gym for an induction so will go there if and when i get time?? xxxx
  • marly83
    marly83 Posts: 10
    Options
    i have been taking apidexin for 2 weeks and been calorie counting and full on excersise every day and havent lost a thing! any suggestions on what im doing wrong would be helpful, im 5 foot 1 and 72 kilos.
    thanks
  • emilysparey
    Options
    when i first started mfp and also took ADIOS and it was a waste of money trust me.
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    just keep in mind whatever you do that it took you a while to get to where you are weight-wise. it should also take you a while to get to where you want to BE weight -wise. Slow and steady wins the race! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!