Expensive mistake!

Options
I was trying out a new Jamie Oliver 15 minute meal last night - chorizo and squid served over couscous which had some blitzed spring onion and spinach added to it. When I went to fluff up the couscous and add a squeeze of lemon, I realised something was wrong. My jaw dropped as I worked out I'd used sesame seeds instead of couscous!

I'm not going to work out how much that cost, but it went in the bin. At least couscous is ready in a matter of minutes so I was able to do a fresh batch and save the dinner.

Think I need a better labelling system.

Replies

• girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    made me giggle. sorry!!

You could have saved the squidgy sesame seeds for mixing with overnight oats or something...
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Ooops! Maybe you could've used them to make hummus...
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    You should have said they were meant to be there - adds fiber! Grin.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Yikes! I would have tried to salvage them for another use, probably not a very good one.
    I buy a lot of things in bulk and store them in old mason jars. When my BF moved in he about had a fit because nothing was labeled and he couldn't figure what a lot of things were. Sounds like some labeling would serve you well.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Yes lesson learned, they were in a tupperware container with the label off the package tucked inside. I need to label things on the OUTSIDE.