2»

Replies

• lisadenyer87
    Options
    congrats looking farward to saying the same
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I was soooo relieved when I was no longer obese too (before MFP)! It took a lot of work! You should reward yourself!
  • MBSNANA
    MBSNANA Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on being over weight. I can't wait until I can too say I am overweight.:laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    I'm almost there too! Good job!!!!!
  • kajaknowers
    kajaknowers Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Congratulations....I still have another 16 lbs to go but I am very pleased for you.....its work all the hard work you put in....plus now your next goal will be the normal range....congrats once again....I hope to join u in maybe 8 weeks time
  • littlesuzieq
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I'm still grinning from ear to ear - all from stepping on the scale! Whodathunk?

Since I officially made my 25 lb. goal, I'm getting my hair done - cut and color. I'm not sure what it's going to look like but it'll be fun!:drinker:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    congrats!!
  • arfletcher
    arfletcher Posts: 143
    Options
    YAY!! CONGRATS!!
  • AllisonMO
    AllisonMO Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your achievement! it is a big deal, and hope you give yourself a nice reward!
  • chigirl_j
    chigirl_j Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congrats :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I can't wait until my day arrives either!
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    CONGRATS I know what you mean. I also had a little party (did the happy dance) when I went from OBESE to OVERWEIGHT. Its funny that were happy about that, but you know it is something to celebrate, because were on the road to being really healthy.
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Congrats! I, too, am now overweight! Nice to not be in the obese category! Keep up the good work!
  • dkcj4fox
    dkcj4fox Posts: 35
    Options
    Congrats. But don't get me started on BMI...it's a joke for most guys with muscle. I had a big fight with my Life Ins company because they wouldn't give me the highest rating based on my BMI. I'm 5'8" and weighed 175 lbs last year --- which put me "overweight". Well, at the time I was only 15% BF. Now I'm 165 and only 10% BF but it shows me still overweight!!!!!!! I have Abs showing but couldn't get the best rates...mad!!!! Finally had to change companies and finally got approved.
  • amapanda
    amapanda Posts: 2
    Options
    Well done, keep up the good work!

I remember the first time I slipped in to the overweight category when I was no longer obese and it was an amazing feeling. People who are always a healthy weight would never understand this :)
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    LOL good job. I remember how I felt when I went from overweight to healthy. It's marvelous because you know you're doing something great for yourself and for your overall health.
  • denriop
    denriop Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I can relate to your happiness.

I am 1.4 pounds of being "healthy". It was the first time in my life I was consider overweight and my doctor told me that I need to lose weight. I am 48 female, I was 154 in mid-january and now I am at 146.6. I am doing 30days shred DVD or elliptical 4 times a week for 30 minutes. I loss average 1 pound / week. More at the beginning but now it is slower. My goal : 130 end of summer (like in my thirties).

Sorry for my english, I am french.

Denise:flowerforyou:
  • kiki75243
    kiki75243 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Congratulations I can't wait to get there!!!!
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    It's a great feeling to leave obese behind!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR SUCCESSES!!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    WTG! I find all those small steps to be the most HUGE. When i passed pre pregnancy weights for my 3rd (last) baby and then my second. Now i have 5.5 pounds til my first pregnancy (9 years ago) and 7.5 to a healthy BMI. I can't wait. These little steps along the way are the BEST BEST BEST to knock off. I was just on the verge of obese when i began and i was sure happy to see the number slide down on the wii scale.
  • ldarter
    ldarter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! The old BMI calculator was one of the things that motivated me once I discovered to my consternation that I was considered obese by the CDC! Lol There is just something about being labeled obese that just doesn't sit well and so I too am looking forward to that transitory step of achieving overweight status. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!