Need New Diet

Options
Hello all,

I am in need of a new diet. Something where I can eat the same foods daily. That way there is no guess work. Does anyone know of a plan that is very basic and similar day-to-day? I would prefer a diet that is moderate to low carb and under 2,000 cals daily.

Thanks loves!

Replies

• jtra84
    Options
    Have you tried Dukan?
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi. If its going to be the same everyday why not do a precise calorie counted menu and stick to that. You can then pick your own protein and carbs. Good luck :-)
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    How are you planning on keeping the weight off once you go off of your diet plan? What will you do when life throws birthdays, weddings, nights out with the girls, etc. in your way?

I found that, after a couple of weeks, I really learned what was in the food I was eating, which allowed me to make sensible choices. You can also plan out meals in advance using MFP.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    You know, people who eat the same things every day are apparently more likely to succeed. It's a lot easier to manage.

When I was in cutting mode, I'd go to the supermarket once a week without a shopping list as I knew exactly where to go.
    -peanut butter
    -bag of salad
    -bag of mixed veg for cooking (usually broccoli, carrots, cauliflower)
    -chopped onions
    -bag of kiwi fruits
    -1 pack of sliced chicken breast
    -2 packs of chicken wings
    -1 pack of chicken slices

I might pick up other things just because I fancy them but 90% of the food was the same. In fact, it still is but I have a bit more variety as I'm in bulk mode so need to eat more cals.

And everything appears under "most used" in the food diary.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Why do you think you need a new diet? What have you tried that hasn't work or that is giving you difficulties?

Here's a rough daily plan:

Breakfast - eggs and fruit (scrambled, boiled, omelette, whatever you prefer)
    Lunch - vegetable soup with a ham and salad sandwich or wrap
    Dinner - chicken breast, loads of veg, small portion brown rice, potaotes or quinoa.

Snack on cheese and nuts.