Gained 5lbs over the weekend! HELP!

Options
I lost 4lbs last week M-F doing the Jillian Michaels tapes and eating perfect. Then the weekend came and I lost all control. I had wine, pizza, popcorn, and junk at a superbowl party. I weighed myself this morning and I'm UP 5lbs!:noway: :explode: :grumble: :cry:

Now I know I didn't eat 17,000 calories so wth is going on!? I'm so discouraged. All that hard work for NOTHING!

HELP PLEASE!

Replies

• strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Some water, sodium, the food you still have in "your system.," etc... nothing to worry about.
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    It could be your body retaining water from all the sodium and also, you still have the bulk of that food digesting. Just get back on the wagon, drink TONS of water, and try to weigh yourself just once a week (not after a splurge day!).
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    water retention!!!!!!!!
  • Hazel2005
    Hazel2005 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm so discouraged. All that hard work for NOTHING!

Just remember this feeling next time you go for the chips instead of the veggie tray!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Some water, sodium, the food you still have in "your system.," etc... nothing to worry about.

This.
  • jst1986
    jst1986 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You're definately going to be holding onto water and probably still digesting all the junk you've eaten. Give it a couple of days and things will settle.
  • prokomds
    prokomds Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, the same thing happened to me over the weekend. I shouldn't have even bothered to weigh myself this morning, but curiosity got the better of me :)

You should see the weight come back off as long as you eat reasonably and drink lots (and lots!) of water over the next few days. You don't have to be perfect, just avoiding excess sodium and your body will take care of itself. Good luck!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Just remember this feeling next time you go for the chips instead of the veggie tray!

totally this!

you havent put on 5lbs of fat, but at the same time, why work so hard just to eat crap and then feel bad?!

i eat crap sometimes but i make sure it fits in my calories, and most importantly, i enjoy it. other wise, just say no!
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Water retention, probably had a ton of sodium. It's pretty darn hard to gain 5lbs of fat in a weekend (over 17,000 calories OVER what you burn that day.) Stay off the scale for a few days and you should be fine.
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    happens to me like every weekend....it should be gone by the end of the week
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options

totally this!

you havent put on 5lbs of fat, but at the same time, why work so hard just to eat crap and then feel bad?!

i eat crap sometimes but i make sure it fits in my calories, and most importantly, i enjoy it. other wise, just say no!

Because that's life and sometimes people overindulge.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. Just get back on board this morning, get a good workout in and eat something healthy. Forget it happened. Weigh yourself again in a couple weeks.
  • Winks0118
    Options
    Listen to what has been said, the biggest thing is not to get discouraged.

The only advice I can offer is when you have a splurge day (hopefully only one every once in a while) make sure you savor everything and enjoy the moment, because the next day you may be regretting it.
  • liya368
    liya368 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I gained 3 pounds. I wasn't going to weigh but I couldn't help myself. Good to know that is is probably not true weight gain. Low sodium for me today.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Dont be discouraged. More then likely it is water weight. Just give it a few days and re-weigh yourself.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I lost 4lbs last week M-F doing the Jillian Michaels tapes and eating perfect. Then the weekend came and I lost all control. I had wine, pizza, popcorn, and junk at a superbowl party. I weighed myself this morning and I'm UP 5lbs!:noway: :explode: :grumble: :cry:

Now I know I didn't eat 17,000 calories so wth is going on!? I'm so discouraged. All that hard work for NOTHING!

HELP PLEASE!

Either stop weighing yourself and use the mirror as guidance since you apparently lack the mental fortitude to handle weight fluctuations or just give up.

Gee thanks. :huh:
  • robjenga
    robjenga Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I blame the super bowl. No worries...it will drop off!
  • HeatherOberholtzer
    Options
    I have had my weight fluctuate as much as 9 lbs in a week (esp around TOM)...it is all good in the end, its probably water and salt. I know it hard but do not get frustrated as long as you get back on track your fine!!!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I will be having tons of water today! No more junk or alcohol this week for me. :smile:
  • ehmadore
    ehmadore Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wonder "Are you serious?"