Any other slow losers on here?

Options

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Ha! Most of you don't know the meaning of the word slow. It has taken me 4 YEARS to lose 22 pounds. I had hoped I could speed that up this year, but so far I keep losing and gaining the same 2-3 pounds. Patience-patience.

At least I don't wander around the kitchen like a giant caterpillar eating everything in my path anymore. I've worked hard and obviously long to break that habit, and I've pretty much done it. It used to be that I couldn't stop myself once I got started, and it was almost like I'd lose consciousness and "wake up" to find myself elbow-deep into a bag of chips, but now I catch myself when I open the cabinet door or the refrigerator and drag myself out of there. That's a huge non-scale victory for me.
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    5 mos and only 9.5lbs (and 0 inches, wtf, I couldn't give two craps about the scale if I'm the same amount of mass). It is my own fault, though, I suck at sticking to eating normal amounts of food :tongue:
  • CarlaChalk78
    Options
    Me :D Taken a year and a half to lose just over 60 pounds but I am happy with that! I have hardly budged the scales since Christmas but inches are going and I prefer inches over scale numbers anyway as they are more noticable:) Set at a pound a week but usually 0.5 a week tops x
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm a very slow loser and have FINALLY come to terms with it. In fact, I attribute my lifestyle changes to the slow losses. Some weeks, or even months, with no loss forced me to dig down deep and decide if I was going to give up or keep plugging along. Since I know that quitting would get me nowhere but back to where I was I decided to persevere. Now, my journey is a lifestyle change and weight loss is just an added bonus!

If I would have lost more rapidly I may not have learned that lesson and would be more likely to gain it all back!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Me. I lost 27 lbs in about 9 months. I knew it could've been faster if I never had any cheat meals, birthday cake, chocolate, delicious full-fat ice cream....but what kind of life is that?! The only reason why I've lost even this much weight is because I allowed myself to live, while making good choices most of the time.
  • Jymm
    Jymm Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I always walk 3 miles an hour and I work a dead end job.
  • lrazzo
    lrazzo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So sloooowww. But I am trying to just stay the course. I've lost about 68 in 1.5 years working on this. I am super proud of that but its a long slow road for me too. I've got another 40 or so to get off I think, so I feel like I've got a long road ahead. I feel your pain. :) Hang in there. Hard to stay motivated when the results aren't easy to come.
  • lincs_lass
    lincs_lass Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm slow too, was losing an average of half a pound a week but have an underactive thyroid too and when they reduced my medication I started putting weight on again and not been able to lose since. Now trying atkins but recording on here to keep calories in check but not having any success so far!
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW here!
  • tracyrslim
    tracyrslim Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Slow Winner!! I like that!! Great attitude!:flowerforyou:
  • sjcook23
    sjcook23 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yes, slow. I play with the same 5 lbs over and over. I know it is my eating. Eating is the key. We can do it.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I am a very slow loser. I have only lost 70lbs in about 2 years where other people lose that in a year It doesn't matter what my goals are set to, how often I exercise or how long, I lose consistently at the same rate. . It's just the way I lose and I have changed things up and tried different things based on others suggestions but it doesn't matter. I tend to lose 2-4lbs in a week then nothing for a few weeks and repeat..

I've just decided that as long as I continue to lose, I'm okay with that.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I am a slow winner ;)

THIS! But me also. I lost 20 or so pounds in a year, but then gained about 8lbs back over a vacation and then the holidays! Hoping to make a LITTLE bit quicker progress this year, but oh well if I don't - I just want to make the progress :drinker:
  • Shelialouise66
    Options
    Definitely a slow loser, but that is okay, I don't plan on going backwards, so I will take what I can get. My habits are changing, so there have been some positives along the way. Insulin resistance is my issue, but it doesn't keep my from trying. Best of luck to everyone.
  • tanderson1000
    Options
    Love that....slow winner! We are all winners if we have taken the extra step and doing something about our weight. I am losing slowly this time around and am sure it is due to some medication I am on. I'm determined not to let that get me down and just work through it. Thanks for being positive!!!
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I hate the term "loser". I am shedding slowly. And happily.
    Means I won't have to deal with hangy skin, as it will contract as I lose.
    No shar-pei look!
  • blissfulself
    blissfulself Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    YEP! about 20 pounds lost in 6 months. and that is with working out 4-6 days a week and eating pretty healthy. I don't starve myself, still go out with friends and indulge in things i love every so often. A few summers ago I lost 30 pounds in 3 months, but I was only eating 1200 calories and working out non stop- I always felt light headed and even fainted once! I am so much happier now and recognize the huge difference between a 'diet' and simply becoming a healthier person. Sometimes it's frustrating that it's not coming off as quickly but I am so much happier and have no desire to stop!
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    It's taken me a year to lose 35lbs, which could be considered slow. I could probably have lost faster if I ate less or exercised more, but I'm happy with my progress. It might be slow going, but at least it *is* going :smile:
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    It took me 11 months to lose 16 pounds, so I think I fall into the slow loser category! lol
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    for me, its not going slower, however, it seems a little harder now... when i was 25, i could easily lose 1-2 pounds a week, really not even changing my diet, just taking a walk here and there around the block... now, in my 30's, im still able to lose 1-2 pounds a week, however, im busting my *kitten* to do it... i have to be very strict on my daily calories and work out 1-2 hours per day 4 days a week... so, for me, its tougher, but not slower...