A New Day/A New Me

Options
Today after stepping on the scale I realized that I have reached my all time high weight. A very upsetting, sobering event to be sure. I have struggled with weight issues for most of my life. Simply put, I have wasted many years beating myself up and being filled with self-loathing because of weight issues. I am in a bad place in my personal life, unemployed and depressed. I have been using this as an excuse. So, today I begin again to get more healthy and hopefully lighter in the process. Stay tuned.....

Best Regards,
Linda

Replies

• lself0924
    lself0924 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hey friend, I can understand what your exactly what your saying. Let's be friends, add me if you like.
  • cyclist_44060
    cyclist_44060 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey your not alone! But looks like you are heading in the right direction with good motivation. Please feel free to add me if you would like.
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Your health and well being will definitely see a huge improvement if you make a good effort with this. I used to be depressed, SAD was for like 4 months of the year and generally had a really low self esteem and worth so from experience I know it gets better. Good luck to you, it sounds like you really want this :flowerforyou:
  • kmstieg
    Options
    Take it one day at at time and do your best.... You have taken the step in the right direction!! Feel free to add me too!!
  • lisacindric
    lisacindric Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I've spent the last 2 years doing several fertility cycles and those hormones made me gain a lot of weight. I am at my all time high too and feeling very depressed. I was a marathon runner and I even did an ultra marathon. I am so far from that person I once was and I don't even know where to begin. I've started P90X to get some muscle mass and I'm hoping that with more muscle will be more calorie burning. Very tough to be motivated though when you're at an all time high on the scale.
  • Shelialouise66
    Options
    Ditch the scale and just get moving. Take it one day at a time. Each day set a goal, no matter how small or large. You can do this. As you start ti feel better about yourself, your whole demeanor will change. Pick great friends that will help build you up and not tear you down. Remember, we all have those days that don't go as planned, when that happens, brush yourself off and get back in there. Feel free to add me. Best of luck.
  • lease1981
    Options
    One this for sure exercise helps so much with stress levels. I have issues with anxiety and depression but i've noticed it getting better by walking 40mins a day. It really helps a lot. Also much more energy. You can do this things will get better they always do:)

Feel free to add me:) Always love new friends
  • lgedwards32
    lgedwards32 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Many thanks to each of you for your positive and encouraging comments. Yesterday was a good day and am going to make today a good one too!

At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot--can someone tell me how to add people who responded?

Thanks!!