Not new to MFP, but new to message boards

Options
I have been using MFP for a few months already and LOVE it!! It makes it so easy to figure calorie intake and watch what I eat. I have lost 21 lbs so far!!! I haven't really ventured to the message boards a whole lot and I started a blog, but I'm just not a very good blogger! I have found that after two months of success I am starting to struggle again with losing the weight - I was losing 2 to 4 lbs per week in the beginning and now I struggle to lose 1 lb per week. I find that I am self sabotaging - I get close to my calorie limit and then have snacks that make me go over (and I know they will make me go over!) I'm not sure why I don't have the will power right now, but I figure a little help from MFP friends may give me the boost I need to push through - I know you are all in the same boat!!! My husband is losing weight too and also using MFP, but he is a big guy who gets to eat a lot more calories than I do, I see that and feel that its not fair -its easy for him to meet and stay under his calorie goal, but I have to work so hard to just meet mine, and it is very difficult to stay under. Anyway I need some extra encouragement to get me out of this funk - I have a long way to go and I don't want to get discouraged already - words of advice and support are welcome! Help me get my butt back in gear!

Replies

• 1desperatehousewife
    Options
    It's sounds like you're at a plateau and I think it's natural to get a little frustrated, but don't give up! 21 pounds down is a significant achievement... great job! I'm new, so I don't have any awesome advice, but I know there are lots of people on here that have great ideas for dealing with plateaus, so you definitely came to the right place. Congratulations on your loss so far and good luck with kicking it back into gear. You CAN do it!
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    It does sound like you've hit a plateau - try changing up your routine a bit. Have you revisited your goals and reassessed your calorie intake after losing 21 pounds. That's a significant amount of weight. Losing weight is a journey of making lifestyle changes and you may not always see the number on the scale that you want to see. However, if you KNOW that you are making steps in a positive healthy direction the rest will follow in time. :flowerforyou: Switch things up a little bit - think about increasing your calories, do different exercises, etc. Most importantly, do NOT give up. You can do this! Keep up the awesome work. :heart: