Onwards and downwards

Options
Hi, I'm Helen.

I'm a 32 year old Brit and live in Hampshire, England. 2013 has already logged a few milestones that I never thought I'd achieve. I have tried numerous 'diets' before all with their temporary successes.

Once upon a long while ago and probably like many of us I used to be a highly energetic teenager who loved maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Then I graduated and started a full time desk job and got quite sedate with it. That was 7 years ago and I have only ever gained weight until now!

A gym buddy recommend MFP to me. In using MFP I've realised I was eating to stay awake through putting in extra gym / work effort which often resulted in me over eating / binge eating (I love biscuits!!!) through knowing hardly any thing about the significance of nutritional and lifestyle balance. I've read a bit since and its gradually turning into a hobby...

On 1st January 2013 I decided enough was enough and put 3 simple rules in place:
1. Keep a food journal - track every food intake - if you're unsure, don't eat it.
2. If you're tired, rest - don't go to the gym expecting to perform at peak fitness. Little by little...
3. Don't deny yourself the food you fancy - but make sure that you have enough of the nutrients that your body needs.

Using MFP I have stuck to these rules and they are already rewarding. Today I weigh 8kg/17lbs less than 35 days ago. I walk the 3 mile route to/from the train station a couple of times a week in getting to work and back, and do more exercise if I want to eat more than what I ordinarily need. If i want to eat more but don't have the energy then I sleep more instead!

My target is a total of 23.2kg loss which will put me at about 9 stone and I'm going to review this when I get closer to it - 'fit' is healthier than skinny. 1200 calories for me seemed extreme initially so I settled for 1470 per day initially to set a reasonable maintainable pace. That's already dropped to 1700 per day since I lost a few pounds.

If you would like some support in return for mine then please add me as a friend on here. I would love to make friends and build support along the way.

Have a great day ahead,

Helen

Replies

• Khrystenc31
    Khrystenc31 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Khrysten. I have tried this site a couple years ago and I had a decent amount of success but I had to get my wisdom teeth removed and if anyone knows what that's like, you definitely cannot eat salads and other healthy stuff. So I gained all the weight I lost back and then some. Getting tired of looking at myself the way I look. Ready to buckle down and lose that weight again.

Anyone that wants to add me, please do so. We all need the support and encouragment to reach our goals.

:)
  • Supern0va81
    Supern0va81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi Khrysten,

Good to meet you on here and I hope you find your success using MFP again. I have also had my wisdom teeth done (argh!!!) and didn't like my image either. Still, at least we both know what we're aiming for now :)

Best of luck, and I hope that you soon find that you like your image again!