Protein and Fiber?

byHISstrength
byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I am consistently going over my daily goal for both protein and fiber. It is usually not by much, but none-the-less still going over. Is this a problem? or could it become a problem?

Replies

• Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    I do not believe going over your protein and/or fiber is a problem. I go over my almost every day. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • The more fiber you consume the better your health will be and the more weight you will lose. Increased protein could cause you some digestive issues but the increase in fiber should make up for that. Sounds like your doing great. I need to start cutting carbs, I go over everyday.
  • JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    No, those are the best to be over! Are you over in fat or sodium? If not, what are you eating!? I need more protein, but I find it hard to not go over in sodium. Thanks!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    I don't go over very often on fat or sodium. Whenever I have a snack I usually have a piece of fruit with lowfat cheese or a healthy muffin with a cup of milk/soymilk. I have been trying to eat as much organic as possible, so maybe that has more nutrients...I don't know. You're more than welcome to add me as a friend and view my diary.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Fiber is very good --- most fiber negates carbs being absorbed...that's why eating beans are so good for you, they help burn fat.

Protein can't hurt, but what are your macro-nutrients set at? If you want to lose weight, I would set them at 50% carbs, 35% protein and 15% fat. You probably won't go over if they are set like this.
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    I am consistently high on protein and low of fiber.

I am glad to have been made aware of that.

I need more fiber.
This discussion has been closed.