frustrated

Options
So I haven't logged my food in the last couple of days (shame on me!!) but I haven't really changed my eating habits, I am still making good choices. I have been doing the c25k lately and running stairs, and I am not losing any weight--I actually gained 1.1 lbs on my weigh in on Monday. I thought for a moment that maybe I was gaining muscle mass and the scale was just not moving. This is not the case...I even measured myself again and have not lost any inches. Why am I going the wrong way on the scale still!! I am so frustrated by it and at times just feel like giving up.

Replies

• chelsinicole
    Options
    I have been there before, it may be that your calorie goal is too high, or you eat more than you think you are (that was my problem) try logging everyday and logging EVERYTHING youre eating. See if that helps and if not, you may want to ask a physician.
  • JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    Options
    I agree... log everything you eat. Also, I don't eat my exercise cals. I know people say your supposed to, but that doesn't make sense.... cals in vs. cals out! :laugh:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I agree... log everything you eat. Also, I don't eat my exercise cals. I know people say your supposed to, but that doesn't make sense.... cals in vs. cals out! laugh
    True but if your goal is a safe 2 pounds/week deficit that would move you into unsafe >2pounds/week territory. Slow and steady wins the race. If you wanted to loose more than 2 you should have set your goals up that way and then eat your exercise calories, doesn't that make sense.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I agree... log everything you eat. Also, I don't eat my exercise cals. I know people say your supposed to, but that doesn't make sense.... cals in vs. cals out! :laugh:

Eating my burnt calories didn't make sense to me either, but when I asked about it someone said that you should be eating your exercise calories because MFP gives you a certain amount of calories to lose weight in a healthy way, so when you workout and burn calories if you don't eat them back, or at least some of them, you could be end up going into starvation mode.

For example, my daily calorie goal is 1290. On Saturday mornings I take a 60 minute spin class (very vigorous), and usually burn about of 1071 calories (an estimate I got from http://www.self.com/calculatorsprograms/calculators/caloriesburned/spinning). If I don't eat those exercise calories than in essence I have only taken in 219 calories for the day. That would not be a good thing. So, it is important to eat some if not most of your exercise calories.

Hope this make sense.