MALWARE WARNING

Options
TRIED TO LOG IN MY FOOD INTAKE FOR BREAKFAST AND INSTANTLY GOT A WALWARE WARNING!! ANYONE ELSE HAVE THAT HAPPEN? I MAY JUST HAVE TO QUIT USING MFP IF IT HAS VIRUSES AND SUCH

Replies

• Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Does the virus make you type in all caps?
  • MoparMom4
    Options
    Does the virus make you type in all caps?

SOMETIMES ;)
  • beesknees47
    beesknees47 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Mine looked okay...
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Have never had a problem with it, no warnings, no viruses, no malware - been using MFP quite awhile.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I get the malware warning from the banner ads above. It depends on the ad.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    You may already have a malware that will tell you other sites are giving you viruses/malware. Especially if they're high end websites like this. Scan your computer with malware bytes. Most of the time if you get a random notice like Facebook or Yahoo mail, or in this case my fitness pal, it means you already have a malware from something else. Unless the site was hacked, but its very unlikely
  • dj_phx
    dj_phx Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've read that it's a problem with Chrome. Google has added cm.netseer.com to their black list, so anytime an ad is on a page created by cm.netseer.com you get the malware warning. If you refresh a couple times you should be able to get in, or if you try a different browser.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11831193/1/malware-warnings-originating-from-netseer.html
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    You should read up on something called "false positives" for anti virus progs.
    Or, needlessly panic and stop using the MFP site....either way...
  • MoparMom4
    Options
    I've read that it's a problem with Chrome. Google has added cm.netseer.com to their black list, so anytime an ad is on a page created by cm.netseer.com you get the malware warning. If you refresh a couple times you should be able to get in, or if you try a different browser.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11831193/1/malware-warnings-originating-from-netseer.html

THAT'S PROBABLY IT, CAUSE I USE GOOGLE CHROME. THANK YOU!
  • MoparMom4
    Options
    You may already have a malware that will tell you other sites are giving you viruses/malware. Especially if they're high end websites like this. Scan your computer with malware bytes. Most of the time if you get a random notice like Facebook or Yahoo mail, or in this case my fitness pal, it means you already have a malware from something else. Unless the site was hacked, but its very unlikely

YEAH, I SCANNED IT AFTER I GOT THE WARNING. TYVM :)
  • MoparMom4
    Options
    Yeah, I get the malware warning from the banner ads above. It depends on the ad.

GOOD TO KNOW :) HATE THOSE ANNOYING ADS LOL
  • dj_phx
    dj_phx Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    There is an extension for Chrome called AdBlock that should stop it from happening if you want to install it. It blocks ads from showing on pages.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    GOOD YOU FIGURED IT OUT AND STOP YELLING!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
  • MoparMom4
    Options

HAHAHA. YOU ALL NEED TO GET A GRIP. ENJOY LIFE. CHILL OUT. NOBODY IS YELLING. :) HAVE A GREAT DAY & GOD BLESS
  • Angel0787
    Angel0787 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've been getting it nearly every time I try and post to a forum, I have never had the issue before, but it's been like that all day today. Not sure why.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    Just had one!!! Had to shut down and log in again.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    had that happen for the first time earlier today :p
  • peckish_pomegranate
    Options
    I had cm.netseer.com register as a potential threat on my Google Chrome today too, for the first time. You're not going to get a virus from MyFitnessPal though, so you can ignore that.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA. YOU ALL NEED TO GET A GRIP. ENJOY LIFE. CHILL OUT. NOBODY IS YELLING. :) HAVE A GREAT DAY & GOD BLESS
    It is universally understood online that someone typing in ALL CAPS is doing so to simulate the act of SCREAMING whatever it is that they are trying to say.

Now that you know this, you have been YELLING throughout this entire thread.