Celebrating the small things....

Options
kirkytwo
kirkytwo Posts: 21 Member
I've been logging for 10 days now so my success is only small but after a very disheartening weigh in last Friday (loss of 0.6lb in a week) today has been much more positive. I measured myself and I've lost 1/2 inch from my waist and 1/2 inch from my hips. It's only a small success but I wanted to post because like many I am guilty of concentrating on the numbers that come up on the scales. I worked so hard last week, not only by counting calories but I exercised everyday. When I stepped on those scales I was quite upset as I really want to see a bigger loss but whilst my weight didn't change much my shape has. So I am back with a positive mind set and feeling good about the start of my journey with MFP.

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    this is the second thing I've read today about someone losing inches when the scale is not moving. I'm going to measure, because obviously it matters as a way to double check progress. Thanks for posting.
  • Glissenklw
    Glissenklw Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! There will be weeks when the scale doesn't really move - but if you are watching your food intake and exercising, then you are getting positive results! The same thing happens with me for one week out of the month, but the other weeks, the scale moves. Don't rely on the scale to judge your success, just stick with it and you'll get the results you want!! Good luck :)
  • canucksweetie
    canucksweetie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm staying positive and celebrating the small things, I had a big loss of 3lbs last week and maintained it through a long weekend of visitors and superbowl!!!!
  • gailmelanie
    gailmelanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    The half pound loss is still a loss, and you are changing your body in a measurable way. That's a NSV (non-scale victory)! And a half-pound per week weight loss over a year would result in about 26 lbs lost.
  • srudis25
    srudis25 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! There will be weeks when the scale doesn't really move - but if you are watching your food intake and exercising, then you are getting positive results! The same thing happens with me for one week out of the month, but the other weeks, the scale moves. Don't rely on the scale to judge your success, just stick with it and you'll get the results you want!! Good luck :)

^Exactly what she said! : )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!