Pregnancy 2010 - Week 12

Options
2»

Replies

• kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    jalara - I am so glad things went well for you. I didn't check into MFP over the weekend, but I kept thinking about you.

I had a very good weekend. We went to the gym on Saturday, and I got in what I think was probably the best workout I have ever had at a gym. Yesterday, I was in charge of an easter egg launch at my church with about 900 people in attendence. I was running, lifting, and moving around from 7:30 am until 5pm. I hurt everywhere today, but thats OK, because at least I know I was buring fat and calories the whole day!

Great work burning all those cals and working out so hard, that's a great feeling.
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    I would like to join this group if it's still possible. I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant. I recently lost 30 pounds over the last few months, and now get to gain it all back! I am hoping with this site, I will learn more about being pregnant, and staying healthy so that I don't put too much back on. This is my first pregnancy, and I have no idea what to expect.

Welcome!!! Congrats!! How far along are you? I'm 6 weeks. You sound just like me with my first one. I lost 30 lbs and then got pregnant.
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. Just found out I'm pregnant yesterday after trying for 2 years and 3 months. I don't want to gain back the 50 lbs I've lost since Jan 09 with this pregnancy. I only gained 40 with my daughter, but I had preeclampsia with her and lost about 30 4 days after having her.
    I'm so proud and happy for your ladies working to get your bodies ready for a baby, I wish I would have done that with my daughter. It's hard enough to take care of a new born, let alone when it's hard to get your fat butt off the couch to tend to them :happy: :flowerforyou:

What type of exercise are you ladies doing? I use to do Jillian Michales 30 Day Shred and BFBM, but I'm afraid to do them while pregnant because they are so intense. I feel I need to add I had a miscarriage a year ago last October so I'm a little nervous this time around.

I had pre- e to and had the same thing. Are you worried about that with this baby? We are going to try soon and I'm FREAKING OUT about getting that again!

So I'm online looking to see if I can eat frozen yogurt or not while pregnant. I heard last year that you should eat soft serve because of bactiria (the one that starts with an L and can be found in lunch meats, hot dogs, etc) builds up the machines. Well, frozen yogurt comes out of those machines and is a huge staple of our summers here. Anyhow, I was trying to find it and found this on web md about preeclampsia and thought it may be helpful: I plan to start these tomorrow although I happen to be eating strawberries and banana's anyways right now. I guess my body knew :laugh:

Banana Strawberry Smoothie. This drink is so packed with baby-friendly nutrients it could help reduce pregnancy complications. In a study published in the journal Epidemiology doctors found pregnant women who consumed lots of C-rich foods - such as bananas and strawberries -- had a lower risk of preeclampsia. Studies from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill show women lacking vitamin C during pregnancy may have an increased risk of premature rupture of membranes -- a leading cause of premature birth. Plus, experts say high-calcium foods like yogurt and milk may help control fluid retention which may further decrease your risk of high blood pressure. To make a smoothie: Combine strawberries and bananas with low-fat milk, or yogurt, plus some ice, in a high-speed blender. Blend until creamy and smooth -- and drink up!

Oh, I'm so gonna try this the next time! We are going to start trying pretty soon. I to was very swollen and had gained a lot of weight from the pre -e. It's nice to see someone who's been there. I didn't know anyone at the time! Good luck with everything!
  • erinm
    erinm Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think I am about 7 weeks. I have my appointment with my doctor in two weeks, so will hopefully have a better idea of how far along I am at that point. It doesn't even seem real to me yet! I am in a bit of shock. :)
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I've eaten frozen yogurt without even a thought. There is so much information about all that bacteria, but what they don't tell you is that you really have to consume a ton of it for it affect you. So some frozen yogurt now and then won't hurt - in my opinion. :)

Love the banana/strawberry smoothie idea! I eat tons of them everyday, so I'm glad to know they are a double dose of healthiness! :)
  • gwcowgirl
    gwcowgirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm so glad to find this support group. I've been trying since Jan 1 to take some baby weight off and have lost a little over 10 lbs so far, but lots to go. I just found out I am expecting and am a little worried about going into this one with leftover baby weight from my previous 2 pregnancies. I am thrilled about the new baby, and want to be as healthy as possible and not put on a bunch of unnecessary weight. I realize pregnancy is not the time to go on a big diet. My goal is to stay active and eat healthy by keeping track through MFP. I could definitely use some support to stay motivated.... with two toddlers, a full time job, and pregnancy, the fatigue factor is a big challenge. Anyway, looking forward to sharing the journey with all of you!
  • Vinbelle
    Vinbelle Posts: 12
    Options
    To all the new girls that found this.....yeah....Caliwaters and I are also loosing and TTC sometime in the summer time. Need more people to modivate me. Have to go to the OB though on thursday. Not because of being pregnant, but because I am having mid-cycle bleeding and I am not on birth control. Let you all know how that appointment goes.....hoping that it is just something stupid not anything major that will set us back in trying. Joined a weight loss challenge at work.....hoping to win that!! But also to help with getting my weight down. Going to be interesting to see what the scale says at my Dr. appointment. In Oct. it wasnt pretty. Hope you ladies are doing well......keep up all the great work!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    Jen – Have you lost a lot since your last pregnancy? How far along were you when you were diagnosed with it? Did you get the joys of magnesium and all that good stuff? I feel so lucky that I was full term when my time came. I ended up with a c-section, did you?
    Erinm – Have you gone onto babycenter or anything to find out your due date? You go by the first day of your last period to find out how far along you are.
    Shopping Queen – I didn’t know it had to do with the amount that you ate, I thought it was if the food happened to be contaminated with it. All the frozen yogurt places we go to are near Starbucks and I’d rather have a decaf mocha anyways :O) When is your due date?
    Cowgirl – You have a “stay on track” buddy with me. I really don’t want to gain a butt load of weight and more important I want to be healthy this time around. I’ve been unemployed since may, but the toddler/fatigue thing is getting me. When are you due? How old are your two toddlers?
    Vinbelle – I hope your appointment goes well. Some mid cycle bleeding can be a sign of ovulation, but my guess it is more then that.
    I’m really excited to be a part of this group.
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    Jen – Have you lost a lot since your last pregnancy? How far along were you when you were diagnosed with it? Did you get the joys of magnesium and all that good stuff? I feel so lucky that I was full term when my time came. I ended up with a c-section, did you?
    Erinm – Have you gone onto babycenter or anything to find out your due date? You go by the first day of your last period to find out how far along you are.
    Shopping Queen – I didn’t know it had to do with the amount that you ate, I thought it was if the food happened to be contaminated with it. All the frozen yogurt places we go to are near Starbucks and I’d rather have a decaf mocha anyways :O) When is your due date?
    Cowgirl – You have a “stay on track” buddy with me. I really don’t want to gain a butt load of weight and more important I want to be healthy this time around. I’ve been unemployed since may, but the toddler/fatigue thing is getting me. When are you due? How old are your two toddlers?
    Vinbelle – I hope your appointment goes well. Some mid cycle bleeding can be a sign of ovulation, but my guess it is more then that.

That's what my doc said?!?! :) My due date is August 30th - I'm 18 weeks and up 10lbs. I'm doing pretty great! We have our first ultrasound next Tuesday soooo excited!
  • erinm
    erinm Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have an idea of when my last period was, but I am not totally sure, so that's why I say I think I am about 7 weeks along. My period was very irregular, occurring anywhere from 30-47 days, and I wasn't paying too much attention to it. I am hoping I am about 7 weeks. That would be great. When did you all tell your families and friends? My husband wanted to tell them right away, but I am a little nervous. I sort of want to wait until I go see the doctor or something. A friend of mine just had an ectopic pregnancy that burst last week, so I am very worried that something like that could happen to me too. I am probably being unnecessarily paranoid, but I just want to make sure everything is okay before I tell everyone. Part of it still doesn't seem real to me, but all of the symptoms I am experiencing are making it more real!
  • Zekesmom
    Zekesmom Posts: 64
    Options
    I am 15 weeks 3 days and have already gained 11lbs! I am not at all impressed but I know a lot of it is due to me being lazy. I refuse to gain too much during this preg as I gained 60lbs with my son in 2006. I finally lost 30lbs of that and got pregnant again. My doc says I can lose weight but no more than 15lbs through out my pregnancy. Definitely looking for motivation on this one.
  • kerilorene
    kerilorene Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congrats kiffypooh on your pregnancy.

I havent' checked in in a while. I am not sure what my weight gain is. I go to the doctor Thursday. I am 9 weeks along with twins so I already show. I am hoping not too much. I am trying to eat healthy but I am hoping I don't get the "you are eating too much" speech from my doctor. My goal is to have two healthy babies 6 lbs and up born full term 38 weeks. I know that healthy eating and exercise will help me achieve that goal.

Good luck to all the TTC folks. Pregnancy is not easy but I wouldn't trade this misery for anything.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I have an idea of when my last period was, but I am not totally sure, so that's why I say I think I am about 7 weeks along. My period was very irregular, occurring anywhere from 30-47 days, and I wasn't paying too much attention to it. I am hoping I am about 7 weeks. That would be great. When did you all tell your families and friends? My husband wanted to tell them right away, but I am a little nervous. I sort of want to wait until I go see the doctor or something. A friend of mine just had an ectopic pregnancy that burst last week, so I am very worried that something like that could happen to me too. I am probably being unnecessarily paranoid, but I just want to make sure everything is okay before I tell everyone. Part of it still doesn't seem real to me, but all of the symptoms I am experiencing are making it more real!

congrats! I told my family right away, but I've known lots of people who have waited until they were out of their first trimester or at least after the first ultrasound
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    So ... Sunday I have a huge burst of blood and a lot of cramping. Very scary, very emotional, very intimidating. We spent majority of yesterday at the hospital and the ultrasound looked good. Baby and uterus look good, heart beat is strong and baby looks normal. The doc found what looked like a polyp at the opening of the cervix which is very likely to have caused the bleeding. *sigh, I still don't feel out of the clear as I've heard stories of women who have bled, the ultrasound looks good, and then a couple of days later they miscarry. :-( I'm out of the first trimester officially, but that doesn't put me completely out of risk and I just feel emotional and scared.

The only exciting thing about all of this is that they were able to see from the ultrasound that it's a little boy! That's what we were hoping for so we are very excited. It's still a little early, so we'll know for sure in 4 weeks at our next ultrasound.

Just wanted to keep everyone updated and please keep us in your prayers if applicable. Thanks

P.S.S. still losing weight :-(
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    Angela - That's so scary! You poor thing! I hope things look better for you in the future - I'll routing for a healthy baby for you!

Zekesmom - I'm 18 weeks and up 10 lbs....and I've been super active still....so I guess it happens to anyone! Stay healthy and motivated. The way I look at it is...do I really want that cupcake now....knowing I will have to work it off later. LOL :) It's easier not to eat it, I think! I've been craving cupcakes and rice krispie treats lately too!
  • Zekesmom
    Zekesmom Posts: 64
    Options
    My big craving so far has been oreo cookies, even though I normally don't like them. other than that I eat very healthy and have for years now. I think most of it is due to lack of motivation and being tired all the time. I am hoping in the next few weeks I will get my energy back and be more active. I did just come back from a 5KM walk with my son. We brought his bubbles and he wore his rain boots and we splashed and bubbles all the way there and back. I am hoping I can get out for a walk after supper as well. Maybe not as far but still something.
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    Shopping Queen – 10 lbs is great! :flowerforyou: I’m trying really hard to maintain right now, but I’m starving all the time. I don’t remember this with my daughter. Post pictures from the ultra sound, that’s so exciting!!! I just moved our first appointment up to Monday from the 15th. I’m happy they did it, I’m still a little freaked out about the idea of a miscarriage

Erinm – You will be having a Nov baby too then. I’m 6 weeks and my due date is Nov 22nd, according to all the web sites. I’ve told only close friends and family. I think before I tell anyone, “would I want to talk to this person about having a miscarriage if I have another one?” and determine from there rather or not I tell them. About 4 of my friends know, my mom and sister. However, my brother and SIL don’t know and we haven’t told my MIL yet. I’m glad I had only told my mom and BFF with our last pregnancy, I wouldn’t want to have to talk to a bunch of people about it.

Zekesmom – Welcome aboard.

Kerilorene – Thank you! We are very excited. How soon can they tell if you are having twins or not? A woman at my daughters preschool jus t had twins and she has a 3 year old. I’m amazed at how alert she seems :laugh: Do you have other kids?

Angela – Let us know what happens. That is so scary! I’ll be thinking about you.

I’m going back to the gym tomorrow. I’ve been reading (never a good idea) a lot about not getting your heart rate up too high, anyone else heard about this? I can’t wait for my appointment so my dr can make me feel ok about moving and being normal. What do you ladies do about being constantly hungry? I’m eating almonds, cheese, yogurt, fruit, etc but if I’m hungry I have to eat (right?) but there’s nothing that is filling that won’t cause me to put on weight. I’m not stressed about putting on weight or anything, but I’m trying to keep myself in check.

Anyhow, I’m off to veg. Take care everyone!!!
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options

Sorry, I just saw your post. I have lost all but 10. I'm 5'6 and was 131 the day I found out I was preggo. Today I'm 141 and Kayden will be 2 on the 16th. Can't get past this last 10 for the life of me!!! :) I'm kinda at the point where I'm a healthy weight, maybe God wants me at this size! I was diagnosed with pre e at 37 weeks I think? Maybe it was 36? Anyway, my Dr. sent me in right away to have him. My labor went really fast (9 hours total and only pushed 3 times) and I was lucky that I didn't have to have magnesium or a c section.