Tips for winning a weight loss challenge

Anyone ever do this successfully? What are some tips that helped you over the long run? I have 10 weeks to go in a challenge at my office! Thank you!! :)

Replies

• dahkneeka
    dahkneeka Posts: 163 Member
    Eat Clean - avoid processed junk
    Drink lots of water... lots.
    Exercise hard

Most importantly- ensure you are not doing something that promises a quick loss, like pills or starving yourself. You should be competitive, but remain healthy. In the end- the point of a weight loss challange to to encourage healthy lifestyles, and even if you dont win, at least your making progress towards a healthier you.

Good luck!
  • Agree with Dahkneeka! Water water water and clean whole foods. I've also gone low carb (with the exception of fruits/veggies that are) so avoid bread, chips, sweets etc. I still eat a little potato, but again limit it and eat it 'clean' - just a bit of salt n pepper. Keep proteins lean and about 4 oz at a sitting then have snacks (such as almonds) so blood sugar doesn't drop dramatically and you have the energy you need. And of course, get your exercise in - even if you only have time to run stairs at work during lunch (which can also help get you thru that sleepy mid afternoon crash) or break. Getting moving gets your metabolism revved so you burn a few more calories.

You can do it!!
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    I agree with Dahkneeka & mjbiggestlose as well....I placed in a contest that ran 8-weeks, 40 women in the group, two categories. Most weight lost and inches. I was very focused and really watched everything for the entire 8-weeks. I lost 12.6 lbs in those 8 weeks. Doesn't sounds like a lot however it was 1.5 per week. Keep your eye on the goal!!
  • Agree with dahneeka!
  • My friends =) I talk to them daily and knowing that I have them to hold me accountable, keeps me in line!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    If you haven't had your beginning weigh in yet, eat a lot of sodium the night before you weigh in. This will provide water weight. And make sure that you eat low sodium for a few days before your final weigh in to get the opposite affect.

Also, if there are any other foods that make you bloat (dairy, wheat, whatever) eat those before the first weigh in and avoid them for a couple of days before the final.