nsv--my jeans

Options
Okay, I am a plus sized, tall woman. I am 6'3 and have a large pear figure. Needless to say, jeans in my price range are oh so hard to find. I had 4 pairs, of identical jeans that I got from Lane Bryant's fit for me collection. I bought 4 pairs in December 2010 on their clearance rack. Well, thanks to the stretchy material in them, they have stretched and stretched and stretched until they couldn't stretch anymore. I had gotten to the point I dread putting on my jeans. I have thick thighs, and eventually the stretch gave way from thighs rubbing together and just the sheer force of my thighs wanting to buldge out of them.........I like to picture it as a dam getting ready to burst, I lost two pairs. I am down to 2 pairs of jeans, one pair of slacks, and a couple pairs of sweat pants. I would find every excuse in the book to wear anything but my jeans, because they were too tight. I had to shimmy and shake and jump up and down to get them up, only to barely button them and virtually hold my breath the whole day. Well, since january 15th, I have lost 12 lbs and my jeans are comfortable again! I refuse to buy more until the ones I have are too big and I can't wear them anymore, even with a belt. So, it feels good not to dread putting on my jeans again. I haven't felt that in over a year. :)

Replies

• srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    Yay! Congrats on your weight loss. I'm in the same boat, I am down to 2 pairs of jeans & i refuse to buy a bigger size. I can wait until I can wear some of my old jeans.
  • cmfruin2012
    cmfruin2012 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome!! Good for you -- this is a great victory!
  • a778c466
    a778c466 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    That is great! Comfortable jeans are hard to find. Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!