Rest Days

Anybody else besides me hate rest days? I will be doing awesome for about 6 or 7 days straight sometimes, then my body will be like "DUDE! I NEED A BREAK!" I hate it when that happens lol

Replies

• ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Despise them. I know they are needed and my body tells me so (or life gets in the way) and I cannot wait to get a workout in!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    I love rest days! Ah, to be lazy. I hate that I get to eat less though LOL.
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    I used to...but then I realized that in order to get to my goal faster resting muscles that you exerted intensely the day before need that day of rest. Continually training them won't provide time to rebuild them back up.

Now, If the muscle is "casually" trained, like running for instance, if your fit enough it shouldn't be a problem to train daily.

Your body will indicate if you're not getting enough rest.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    I have one planned rest day a week, and take more if my body tells me to. I totally bonked during yesterday's workout, so I stopped and rested. I felt great today and killed today's workout :) A little time off can be a good thing :)
  • You could do light stretching or yoga on your rest days. Or a fun not to strenuous activity like golf
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Anybody else besides me hate rest days? I will be doing awesome for about 6 or 7 days straight sometimes, then my body will be like "DUDE! I NEED A BREAK!" I hate it when that happens lol

You are not the only one, I'm sure, but I am *not* in that camp. I love rest days.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    I hate them with a passion, as it almost feels like a temporary defeat, if you will. That being said, it has to happen from time to time for me. One per week is usually good enough, even though I lift at roughly 75-85% of 1 RM on just about all of my work sets. If I were to take off any more than that, I'd probably go at least mildly insane.
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Rest days suck.
  • heronfolder
    heronfolder Posts: 27 Member
    I'm having to take one today because i've had 2 jabs in my arm for holiday this evening. Apparently working out after a typhoid jab can make you feel ill :(

Otherwise yeah i'm trying hard not to take them.
  • I like being lazy on my rest day (tonight is that night). What I don't like is the extra 3 hours I have to fill that I'd normally be gym bound.

I tend to end up filling them by eating and end up eating more on my rest day that I do the rest of the days!!

I need to get out of that habit and fast!

:)
  • Me too! I do a yoga class on my rest day, so at least I feel like I'm doing *something*. We'll call it "active recovery".