Internet?

Options
djc315
djc315 Posts: 585 Member
Okay so this might be a weird thing to ask here, or even the wrong place....

Just wondering who you guys have for internet and what you pay? I had Comcast and things were great, paying 24.99 a month and then this past month it jumped up to 44.99 a month. I am really underemployed and can not afford 44.99. The best they could do was drop it to 42.99 a month, which I declined and had to cancel my service. Now I do not know what to do. I can't find one under 50! Help me?

I live in WA state and use the internet for here and watching movies/shows on Hulu. Cheap is best but I won't go to dial up.

Replies

• djc315
    Options
    bump
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I have Cox cable service with the Internet. Think it is around $50 a month or a little less for 30 Mbs connection.
  • djc315
    Options
    It appears At&t isn't available where I am. But that was Uverse, I will look at DSL.

Anyone have any experience with Century Link? They seem to be the cheapest around here but I've never heard of them (just moved so the providers around here are knew to me)
  • HardRockCamaro
    Options
    I'm in the UK so it's a little different.

I have fiber optic service, 80Mbps download and 20Mbps upload. Those are "up to" figures. In reality I get 74Mbps down and 17Mbps up.

I have a "business" service so it's more expensive, £40 per month ($60-$65) for a dedicated static ip address, premium support, guaranteed minimum download speed of 16mbps, no throttling (except p2p at peak times but i've used it peak times and they haven't throttled it yet, they just reserve the right) and unlimited downloads (most uk providers have a limit per month, can be as low as 10GB, most are around 40GB, some are 100GB or even 250GB).

If I was on residential with no guaranteed minimum speed, 50GB per month download limit, no static ip, and regular put you on hold for 30 mins support, I would be paying about £25 (<$40) I recon.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I pay $140/month for phone, TV, and internet. We don't use the TV but there wasn't any cost incentive to get rid of it. I wish there were a cheaper option but I can't find one here.
  • djc315
    Options
    I guess I might have to just come to terms with being without the internet for a few months. I don't have TV or home phone already but it is so true getting the package is always cheaper. It would only be 10 dollars more to get TV for that internet price. Stupid. It doesn't cost them as much as they charge.