Crafty people, need suggestions!

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
I need three different crafts for a group of 30 six & seven year olds to do for Valentine's Day.

It must be something I can carry in with me into the class room (ie. no baking, no "food" crafts, etc).

Each craft should take 15 minutes or less and require limited adult supervision.

I am an accountant. My creativity and gift with children is... well... minimal *LOL* I have searched Pinterest, but am coming up with a lot of ideas that require food, or thread & needle, or a hot glue gun - all things that won't work for us.

If anyone has a link or ideas for me, I'll totally love you forever!!

Replies

• Vain_Witch
    Vain_Witch Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Popsicle stick "mailboxes" for their valentines that they get from their friends.
  • Vain_Witch
    Vain_Witch Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Oh, and you can have them make some really fun valentines for their parents with just construction paper and things like lace, colored rice, etc.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Maybe this is too cliche for you... but why not just have them make Valentines?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Macaroni jewelry should be easy enough.
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Target has those foam crafts kits with hearts that can be decorated, I think they come with ten foam hearts then all the foam pieces for decorating. And they're only like 5.99 a box.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you can buy a cheap silkscreening kit from Teeter Totter Toys if you have them...that's always neat but not really Valentines specific.

Could get them to make valentines day cards, coupon booklets, write a cute story for their parents since they should know the basics of spelling by then...

Or google it.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Designing their own board game? They can decorate their board (made of cardboard or foam) and design the pieces and then play the game with their friends if they finish early?
  • bloodysore
    bloodysore Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Woven paper hearts to hold their valentines! I loved making these so much at that age.
    http://www.the-craftycafe.com/step-by-step-projects/swedish-woven-paper-hearts-and-a-printable-template
    This one is really fancy, and makes extra hearts, but it might be a little too hard for that age group to cut accurately.
    http://spoonful.com/crafts/woven-heart-basket
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I saw one on pinterest where you take a paper towel or toilet paper roll and make a dent in it so it looks like a heart. Then you can dip it in paint and it's like a stamp almost. could use it to make valentines for their favorite person/role model.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Foam hearts, glitter, feathers, glue, and googly eyes. Just throw the *kitten* on the table and let them go wild.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Maybe this is too cliche for you... but why not just have them make Valentines?

Honestly? They're exchanging Valentine's BEFORE the party with all their friends. So parents will already have bought or made their things and filled their friends bags before we get there in the afternoon.

We COULD have them make some for their parents if the teacher isn't already planning on doing that. I'll ask her.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Make them make hearts that say "STD's are BOP".

Good reminder for them.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    crafts or activities? With minimal effort and a copier you can make a "bingo" game for the kids. Use conversation hearts or jelly beans to be the markers.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    paper bags - craft paper - scissors - glue - paper doillies - markers/crayons. maybe even GLITTER (as long as you don't have to do the clean up)

let children run feral making bags to collect their valentines.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Foam hearts, glitter, feathers, glue, and googly eyes. Just throw the *kitten* on the table and let them go wild.
    *LMAO* YOu're a girl after my own heart, you know that :)

Sadly, the teacher likes things VERY organized. I need to have three stations, three crafts, demo them, the kids rotate... etc.

They could make their own valentine's day mardi gras like mask, that's always fun! And maybe a wand at the next station? hrmmmm.

I love you all, btw. Great stuff!
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Make them make hearts that say "STD's are BOP".

Good reminder for them.

*nuzzle* I adore you.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    A picture frame? A crown/tiara? A door hanger? If there is a "only a dollar" type store nearby, you can get them cheap cheap.

Doilies are fun. Make a heart decoration out of a doilie.

Glue and glitter makes kids happy happy happy.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    do you like the kids? their parents?

if not, just buy as much super glue and glitter as you can get your hands on.

dr-evil.jpg