Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Nutritional breakdown

So I've looked at the composition of what I've eaten today, apparently it's 63% carbs, 22% protein and 15% fat. Anyone any ideas what I should be aiming for?

Replies

• markaconklin
    markaconklin Posts: 37 Member
    50/35/15 Might do the trick:wink:
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    40/40/20

Or something.

Really: Fewer carbs, more protein, limit bad fats, but don't eradicate it.

What I do is set protein first at 0.8g per lb of body weight, put fat at 20 or 25%, and the rest go to carbs.
  • Try and go for healthy carbs (unrefined) wholegrains, brown rice etc and fruit, apparently around 45-60% per day. Protein betwenn10-35% and fat 20-35%. I am not a nutrionist though and you can always ask your gp. Hope this helps.
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    I aim for:

35% Carb
    35% Protein
    30% Fat
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    So I've looked at the composition of what I've eaten today, apparently it's 63% carbs, 22% protein and 15% fat. Anyone any ideas what I should be aiming for?
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I go for 40% carbs, 25% protein & 35% fat, it works for me
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    I tend to be around the 35/35/30 range, although my fat might fall to 25% every so often.

What I see recommended is 40/30/30 but what I was told is that fat should be 30% or less. You should also eat .5-1g protein for each lb you weigh (this part I am not entirely sure on, just what I have read/heard).
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    40/30/30 is what "New Rules of Lifting for Women" recommends..that is what I'm shooting for.