Blue Cheese Alternative?

Options
2»

Replies

• ChristinaD2
    Options
    I switched to Blue Cheese Crumbles (1/4 cup = 80 calories)... The Blue Cheese flavor is still in the salad, but ends up being fewer calories (for me) because I would probably over-dress a salad with the dressing.
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow does a blue cheese spread which you can mash down, if you really want that blue cheese tang (nothing replaces it really does it).

Otherwise I'd suggest something high in flavour and salt, like maybe a dressing with balsalmic vinegar.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I add a little 1% milk and nonfat Greek yogurt to my blue cheese dressing.
  • lilteepot
    Options
    Looking for a dressing for a alternative to blue cheese. I'm a picky eater and don't do ranch. I tried a raspberry vingerette today and wasn't to impressed. Need something with a little less calories than blue cheese to top my salads

Bolthouse yogurt-based blue cheese dressing. Something like 35 or 45 cals per serving (2 TBSP).

I find it at Kroger in the refrigerated veggie fixin's area. :)
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Check skinnytaste.com and search for blue cheese dressing. I'm making it tonight as I have not tried it yet but I love all of her recipes thus far. Balsamic vinagrette dressings are good, as is kens light honey mustard. Ken's also makes a light sweet vidalia onion dressing that's delicious.
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    i like to use balsamic vinegar with about 1T of bleu cheese crumbles.

Cottage cheese mixed with balsamic vinegar is also tasty. You could even top with a few bleu cheese crumbles.
  • specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    How about finding a creamy low fat/fat free dressing you like and then adding reduced fat blue cheese crumbles to it? I like Sunny Select brand Reduced Fat Blue Cheese Crumbles. Per 1oz (or about 1/4 cup) it's 80 calories, and still quite yummy.
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I found an awesome greek yogurt based bleu cheese that is like 40 calories a serving.